Ronald Reagan Invented Gangsta Rap

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
RWR OG"'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."............... the bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."http://www.star-telegram.com/gossip/story/577411.html

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Have you not heard these theories before, Rock?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its all bullshit.

Reagan co-wrote P.S.K,Criminal Minded, and Crime Pays?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• Options
    I used to have a theory about Reagan inventing sampling. It was that he cut school music program funding in the inner cities, therefore no instruments, therfore musicians turned to theyre parents collections for the sounds they needed.

I used to have a theory about Reagan inventing sampling. It was that he cut school music program funding in the inner cities, therefore no instruments, therfore musicians turned to theyre parents collections for the sounds they needed.

Cutting Music programs in NY Public schools goes as far back as Nixon and Carter.

Reagan inherited the results.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I think a bigger deal was Reagan's mass dumping of mentally ill on the streets, but this is a hip-hop board. Sorry.

Maybe not bigger, but real bad as well.

Cutting education is like cutting your societies wrists. They must think it insures the existence of a working class, but it really poisons our communities like Micky Dees.