Traffic accidents are always wack...

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
even when you're not involved.Lemme explain for those that care to read this.I'm driving down the highway (sober) at 2am on Sat. I notice a couple cars on the other side of the center divider with their hazard lights on. A second later, I notice several other cars facing all different directions. A second later, what must have been pieces of the center divider - concrete boulders a little smaller than a basketball come rolling across the divider into my lane. Since I didn't wanna risk swerving into any cars, I just rolled over one of the rocks. My car runs, but now when I step on the gas, it makes a "vrooom" sound. kinda like a Civic with a fixed up exhaust... The shit is really really wack. This must have been the second major accident I've seen this year. Both of them not coincidentally at night. Fuck this shit. Now I have to waste more money on my car. As if maintenance expenses, insurance, and gas aren't costly enough. I think I've had enough of relying on cars to live. The ideal situation would be to live where trains run or I can commute to work by bicycle...Who feels me? Has anyone relocated so that they don't have to drive as much?!

Comments

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    Doing away with driving was the best decision I ever made.

Do it yuichi, do it!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    i never had a car
    never will

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The ideal situation would be to live where trains run or I can commute to work by bicycle...

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i never had a car
    never will

I'm only just learning to drive, and I hate it. I've survived 24 years without a car, I really don't feel like I need to drive. Unfortunately the rest of the world doesn't agree.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    My car runs, but now when I step on the gas, it makes a "vrooom" sound. kinda like a Civic with a fixed up exhaust...

Just an exhaust leak. Any exhaust shop should be able to patch it up for $50.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Doing away with driving was the best decision I ever made.

Do it yuichi, do it!

I drive a Zipcar now and then. It's convenient but I've otherwise done away with cars as well. When I think of the cost of cars it boggles my mind. $200 to $500 month payments, insurance, gas and maintenance. What's the point?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of living somewhere where a car wasnt necessary...Memphis could be done, but I would have to say goodbye to many many hours a week just waiting for buses that never run on time...but the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex would be IMPOSSIBLE to live in without a car...

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Wish I could say the same and get rid of a car but living in Atlanta everthing is spread out so you need a car without it....you will never make it. Public transportation is a waste. Train delays everyday. Buses breaking down all because the MARTA system finances are in the RED.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    In LA you can count on your car getting beat to shit, even when you aren't in an accident. Between the potholes, street debris, and people who don't know how to park, it's a losing battle.