I borrowed a record...

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
And damn... I don't wanna give it back! HAHA... I just recorded it and I'm luvin' this LP. I know a certain big named producer offered some ducats for it to my friend and he will never sell it.Does this ever happen to anyone? Either lending or borrowing?I'm dropping the record off tomorrow. Just sad to see it go...DOR

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    buy one!

...but don't listen to your dub too much, otherwise you'll just baseball card that shit and file it away instead of listening to it.

At least that's what i've done in the past.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    buy one!

...but don't listen to your dub too much, otherwise you'll just baseball card that shit and file it away instead of listening to it.

At least that's what i've done in the past.

So true..

Buying one maybe.. If I can find one out n about on the cheap...

I guess I'm a lil dude... I've never spent over $200 for a record before.
    I've dropped 7 G's plus on collections, but never a bit of money on a single record.

"baseball card that shit" Good term...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I guess I'm a lil dude...

I've dropped 7 G's plus on collections

I guess I'm a lil dude...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, but that was on whole collections (Which when you break down on price per record, ain't alot). and it wasn't for my own personal use...

The most I've ever spent on a record is $50 CND. Which at one time, was like a $2.65 US or some shit. heh...

• JATXJATX 258 Posts

Does this ever happen to anyone? Either lending or borrowing?

i was at my boy's crib flippin through some records and came across Rawkotics "Going All Out" 12". i asked if he wanted to trade it and he said no but you can borrow it.Tht was a couple of years ago and i still have it. maybe he remembered my Cell Therapy and G Thang 12's he borrwowed of mine that i havent seen since 99.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I was looking through my man's record collection and came across an OG HARLEM UNDERGROUND with a $5.95 price sticker. I asked if he wanted to trade or sell it but he said no, "It's Is**c's record. He bought it cos it had a cool cover and let me borrow it. But it's been about a year now. Think I should remind him that I still have it?"

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I was looking through my man's record collection and came across an OG HARLEM UNDERGROUND with a $5.95 price sticker. I asked if he wanted to trade or sell it but he said no, "It's Is**c's record. He bought it cos it had a cool cover and let me borrow it. But it's been about a year now. Think I should remind him that I still have it?"

If you have it now, how will asking to keep it make you have it any more?

If dude really wants that record he will ask for it back, otherwise it sounds like you are appreciating it more.

Just keep your mouth shut and it continues to be yours.

It only becomes a borrowed record when you return it.

• That Rawcotiks record is classic. Got myself 2 copies of that.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have a "cottage cheese from the lips of death" comp...uber raer texas hardcore comp that gibby haynes put out back in 83 or 84...when I was doing my rock night in Texas a dude brought it for me to play and left without getting it back, the next week i told him I still had it and he kept forgetting to show up when I told him I would bring it back to the bar..so I kept it, I can still get in touch with dude, but damn I love this record!