Easter Euro Extravaganza 2 - Germany, Utrecht etc

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Just got back from an exhausting trip to Germany first to stay with Grope, we then drove down to Utrecht and hit the ARC (Hi Modal Man) on Friday, a couple of nights in A'Dam with the local Soul Strutters which included a night djing with too much free beer and then home from Brussels. Crossed off some long term wants:Cheap Hip Hop to begin with:Ultramagnetic MC's - Funky / Mentally MadThe Ballistic Brothers vs The Eccentric Afros - Jazz from the 90'sDe La Soul - Plug Tunin / Freedom of SpeakJVC Force - Doin' Damage LP (Cheers Grope)Herb Alpert - Rise 12"Hashim - Al Naafiysh - SpareElectro 15EPMD - It's My Thing / You're a CustomerJVC Force - Strong IslandThe Jr7 - Belgian group that looks promising but will probbaly be pants!Jose Prates - Brasil TropicalRhoda Scott - Live at the Olympia - Great version of Thank you for Letting me be Myself - SpareFunk Inc - Chickin Lickin - Great funky jazzWilson Simonal - no 1 in Brasil - Features Nem Vem Que Nao TemNucleus - Elastic Rock - Classic UK fusion on swirl - SpareStuff Combe 5 + Perecussion - Typical, just got one of these on Ebay after a very long search and then one turns up in the wild. Amazing Swiss jazz!! - SpareNapoli Centrale - ST - Know nothing about these guys but they play some super funky jazz on here, any info anyone?Bots - ST - New one on me, Dutch funky jazz rockThe Greatest Organ Players - Features an amazing Ingrid Hoffman track Stroke It that is only availible here.Fats Morgana - Live at the Domicile - Features Sunshine from the Sunbirds LPErich Kleinschuster Sextett - Beautiful Austrian jazz on the Orf labelCharly Antolini - Soul Beat - Classic German funky jazz inc Woe all Over me - SpareNikki Cole - Elementary & Contemporary Dance - UK only funky jazz dance instruction LP's (Cheers Grope!)US69 - Yesterday's Folks - Great funky psych, one of my favs! - SpareSyncrisis - Sunny Crisis - German private press jazz, found one after more than a year of looking!The Incredible Bongo Band - The Return of - 2nd LP and harder to find in my experience - SpareMill Valley Bunch - Casting Pearls - Funky Rock LP that Belson played many moons ago at an early Brillo - SpareMike Gibbs - The Chrome Waterfall - UK jazzMilt Matthews Inc - ST - Great folk Funk - SpareBots - Wie Zwijgt Stemt toe - Funky Dutch Jazz RockPaul Kuhn and the Mad Rockers - Another long term want crossed off, seems to be popular round these parts.Helmuth Brandenburg - Big Band Beat - Funky Big Band - Spare101 Strings - Love is Blue - Euro only release featuring most of their best tracks - SpareLalo Schifrin - Sudden Impact - Great comp of Dirty Harry tracks - SpareJerry Goldsmith - In Like Flint - Cool 60's spy jazz - SpareBen Sidran - I Lead a Life - Two or three instros on here which are great.Men Vision - ST - German modern funky soul - SpareStereo Demonstrate Plaat - The track Orch with R and B group is short but sweet.Asha Puthli - The Devil is Loose - Space Talk is the track - SpareRock Workshop - The Very Last Time - Great UK Jazz Rock - SpareBaya - ST - Private press latin jazz funkNeue Geistliche Lieder - German funky Xian LPThe Band - Live - Great funky Euro Jazz with everyone playing!! - SpareAfrique - Soul Makossa - Great funky jazz LPPeter Herbholzheimer - Hip Walk - Funky German Jazz pulled from the box next to where Grope found Mombassa 2 for 5 Euros! - SparePeter King - Omo Lewa - Uk press of super funky Nigerian afro, anyone know this one?Miatta - ST - Obscure UK only afro soul funk - SpareOkumenische Beatmesse - Another funky German Xian LPDanyel Gerarad - Atmosphere - French psych funk on Sexologie - SpareNino Ferrer - Nino and Radiah - Great French funk - SpareNick Ingman - Terminator - First one of these I've ever found in the wild. Great UK library sounding funk - SparePeter Wyngarde - Jason King - Highly controversial LP that was far too cheap to be left behind.Vanessa - Black and White - Hard Norwegien funky fusionSt Tropez Jazz Octett - Jazz Goes Swinging - Cool Euro Jazz - SparePaul Nero - Detroit Soul party - Klaus Doldinger alter ego gets funky on This is Detroit Soul - SpareUve Schikora - Das Gewitter - Funky Eastern Euro JazzGolf Drouot Special - Features The Pyranha Sounds - SpareScience Fiction Dance Party - Long term want crossed off here, crazy Kraut psych jazz soundsPumpkin - ST - Another amazing LP. These guys really are the Dutch Placebo!Novac - The Fifth Word - Psych JazzAnanda Shankar - Sa Re Ga Machan - Jungle Symphony is as good as anything he's doneLotti Golden - Motor Cycle - Crazy psych rock folk LP, love this!Al Hirt - Soul in the Horn - All about the De La Sampled Harlem Hendo - SpareGreen Line - ST - Jap only funky free jazzBrull - Dramatic Brass - A couple of decent funky tracks on here.Wasrag - ST - Funky covers by session playersPaul Kuhn - Big Bnad Berlin - Amazing funky Big BandUnknown Russian LP - This has been getting a lot of attention over recent months, crazy drums on this one!

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    damn, nice lot. the 7 band from belgium is a one tracker at best, but i somehow like it...congrats on that pumpkin, been wanting this for a long time...(insert "5Years!!" graemlin)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    llmod1, I think I found the better records, so once again, I WIN!!!!!!!!!

thanks for everything! forgot to turn on my phone when i got back home. had no time yet to answer to your message... sorry about that.

thanks jef, thanks alan, thanks mark, thanks diggersdigest, thanks waxwell, thanks everyone!!!

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Grope, what you have so far failed to tell everyone is that most of the the stuff YOU found were hand me downs from me!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    big props to you M###.
    Takin the Euro trip to the next level.
    1 city a day, strippin its records and leave without an hangover.

thanks for the records boys
    and Grope thanx for the bitches.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    thats a serious lot. lucky man.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    what...no pics from the arc and the motown lp collection?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    what...no pics from the arc and the motown lp collection?
    nope NZSHADOW was taken care of his sick son.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

IS THE CONTROVERSY X-MEN RELATED?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Grope, what you have so far failed to tell everyone is that most of the the stuff YOU found were hand me downs from me!

that is such a big lie!!! some of the records you found used to be mine. you stole them from me!!!

do i still win?

• Hey, llmod1, thanks for your comprehensive list of excellent LPs. I love Lotti Golden's "Motor-Cycle" as well! The track, "You Can Find Him" from the LP is a perfect song for Easter Sunday. Peace!