Wax Po help

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I remmeber reading an article in one of the early wax poetics mags about early 80s cut n paste records. It also listed a number of titles and since I found of these types of records recently, i went back to my wax poetics mags to see if i could find the article. I couldn't, and since I've sold vol 1 and 2 i can only guess it was in one of those.Is anyone able to confirm that for me, or maybe even scan the article for me?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I think the article you're talking about was in Grandslam vol 1 no 1, not WaxPo. I believe there was a version in the last edition of Big Daddy, but it was abridged.

Edit: yes, it is that Grandslam, there's a 50 or so page article by Neil McMillan

• rookrook 357 Posts
    there was a pretty major article on cut n paste in one of the grand slam mags. are you maybe thinking of that?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Geese. I was sure it was in a wax po mag, but maybe i read it somewhere else. It was ages ago.

How hard is this grand slam article to come by?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i'll scan it later for ye. and i'll check through the wax po's too. give me a few minutes

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    it's in grandslam vol.1 issue 1. spring 2003

Whatchoo want to know? I've got it in front of me.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    including all the interviews and charts it's about 43 pages long, so scanning isn't exactly cut and dry easy peeasy. Are you looking for something specific?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    including all the interviews and charts it's about 43 pages long, so scanning isn't exactly cut and dry easy peeasy. Are you looking for something specific?

haha. i haven't looked at mine in ages. well then. still looking through the wax po's to see if there is a cut n paste article

• rookrook 357 Posts
    okay. definately no cut n paste in wax p 1/2. still looking through later issues

• rookrook 357 Posts
    do you mean the one in issue 19 where dj food talks about the evolution of cut n paste? records like jon appleton, music is the massage, to dd & steinski

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    do you mean the one in issue 19 where dj food talks about the evolution of cut n paste? records like jon appleton, music is the massage, to dd & steinski

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I quickly checked this in my issue but I don't think it was this. I'm pretty sure it was a few pages, and it had pictures of different cut n paste records from the early 80s, including DD & Steinski, but it wasn't the DJ food article. Maybe it was this thing in grand slam but I would have sworn it was in Wax Poetics.

Can I just say thanks heaps for the help on this already. WE've already had suggestions of 3 different articles, and dude went ahead and scanned in the DJ Food article on the strength. This is why I love SS.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    edit

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Google is your friend: there's a fansite thats been out there forever that is more informative than those articles. I don't remember what it is but if you search for the ones you found you'll likely come across it pretty quickly.