College Park (MD) record show this Saturday (4/12)

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited April 2008 in Announcements
The event is going to be held in the Stamp Student Union (in a room called "The Atrium") on Saturday March 3rd, from 10am to 3pm. You may begin loading in at 9 am, and you have until 4pm to load out. We will have carts and our most strapping DJs on hand to help move your wares.Your points of contact are myself, Chris Berry (202-906-9700) and Scott Maxwell (cell 240-603-9040). Either of us are happy to help answer any questions for you. Other WMUCers will be on hand to assist as well. If you have any questions between now and then, give me a call after 3:30 PM on weekdays, and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.HOW TO GET THERE: From the I-495 Beltway, take the exit for US Route 1 South in Maryland, towards College Park. You should see signs for the University of Maryland from the highway. Follow Rt 1 a few miles south to the main Campus entrance (it's hard to miss, but it's the entrance is just after you pass the McDonalds and the College Park Fire Dept on the left). Turn right here, and follow this road. You will go around a traffic circle with a large "M" in the middle, and then the road will go up a long hill. The Union is a large brick building near the top of the hill on your right. Hang a right on Union Lane, which runs between the Union and Cole Field House (the old basketball arena, also hard to miss). The best place to load and drop off is the first door on your right there. Once inside the Union, signs will direct you to The Atrium.Campus map: http://transportation.umd.edu/PDF/2006pdfMap.pdfUSING METRO: Take the Green Line to the College Park/UMD Metro Stop. There is a "Shuttle-UM" bus run by the University that will pick you up here and drop you off right in front of the Union building. It's free, regardless of whether you're affiliated with the University or not. PARKING: You have two options. The Union Parking Garage, which is on Union Lane, right across the street from the Union, is your closest option, but it will cost $10 for the day, maximum. If you would prefer parking for free in exchange for a roughly 5 minute walk, there is also a large lot on the opposite side of Cole Field House from the Union. Simply continue along the road which you used to get to the Union (do not follow the turn which goes to the left), and it will take you right to the lot. Any of the lots are fine on the weekends - AA, AA2, Z, or 1/1b. If you choose to park anywhere else, make sure you read the signs to make sure you're okay. UM parking enforcement is notoriously vicious. If any of you would like promotional fliers, I can send .pdf files of some of the fliers we made for the event.If you need to contact us, please call me (Chris Berry ??? 202-906-9700) or Scott Maxwell (240-603-9040)

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    All of the dealer tables are sold out and Nitekrawler and Secret Chimp are selling ALL of their records (OK just some of them). This one's gonna be good. Look for the Som Records banner (just bought it today!).

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Great fun. Found some good records, met some cool people. Big thanks for everyone's hard work putting this together.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man oh man. A lot of fun and A LOT of records.

You guys kilt my trip budget singlehandedly. Congratulations. Good to see Jacob, Chris, Neal & Martha, Dori, Kevin, etc

Stoked for all the shop stock and a couple keepers as well.

Do it more often.

• Thanks to all who came out for the show, good to see so many of you in one place. Special thanks to Dori/Secret Chimp for filling up 2 tables with nice records for everyone, I got some great MD 12"s!