IF This Is True.....

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45203

The website looks kinda bunky as a source document, but the scenarios represented seem entirely feasible. It made me sick to my stomach to read. If dudes wanted to attack, they could at any time. They want to make it "big."

WASHINGTON ??? As London recovers from the latest deadly al-Qaida attack that killed at least 50, top U.S. government officials are contemplating what they consider to be an inevitable and much bigger assault on America ??? one likely to kill millions, destroy the economy and fundamentally alter the course of history, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union ??? including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.

In addition to detonating its own nuclear weapons already planted in the U.S., military sources also say there is evidence to suggest al-Qaida is paying former Russian special forces Spetznaz to assist the terrorist group in locating nuclear weapons formerly concealed inside the U.S. by the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Osama bin Laden's group is also paying nuclear scientists from Russia and Pakistan to maintain its existing nuclear arsenal and assemble additional weapons with the materials it has invested hundreds of millions in procuring over a period of 10 years.

The plans for the devastating nuclear attack on the U.S. have been under development for more than a decade. It is designed as a final deadly blow of defeat to the U.S., which is seen by al-Qaida and its allies as "the Great Satan."

At least half the nuclear weapons in the al-Qaida arsenal were obtained for cash from the Chechen terrorist allies.

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan, according to an upcoming book, "The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by Paul L. Williams, a former FBI consultant.

According to Williams, former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S.

"Each suitcase weighed between 50 and 80 kilograms (approximately 110 to 176 pounds) and contained enough fissionable plutonium and uranium to produce an explosive yield in excess of two kilotons," wrote Williams. "One suitcase bore the serial number 9999 and the Russian manufacturing date of 1988. The design of the weapons, Tenet told the president, is simple. The plutonium and uranium are kept in separate compartments that are linked to a triggering mechanism that can be activated by a clock or a call from the cell phone."

According to the author, the news sent Bush "through the roof," prompting him to order his national security team to give nuclear terrorism priority over every other threat to America.

However, it is worth noting that Bush failed to translate this policy into securing the U.S.-Mexico border through which the nuclear weapons and al-Qaida operatives are believed to have passed with the help of the MS-13 smugglers. He did, however, order the building of underground bunkers away from major metropolitan areas for use by federal government managers following an attack.

Bin Laden, according to Williams, has nearly unlimited funds to spend on his nuclear terrorism plan because he has remained in control of the Afghanistan-produced heroin industry. Poppy production has greatly increased even while U.S. troops are occupying the country, he writes. Al-Qaida has developed close relations with the Albanian Mafia, which assists in the smuggling and sale of heroin throughout Europe and the U.S.

Some of that money is used to pay off the notorious MS-13 street gang between $30,000 and $50,000 for each sleeper agent smuggled into the U.S. from Mexico. The sleepers are also provided with phony identification, most often bogus matricula consular ID cards indistinguishable from Mexico's official ID, now accepted in the U.S. to open bank accounts and obtain driver's licenses.

The Bush administration's unwillingness to secure the U.S.-Mexico border has puzzled and dismayed a growing number of activists and ordinary citizens who see it as the No. 1 security threat to the nation. The Minuteman organization is planning a major mobilization of thousands of Americans this fall designed to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border as it did in April with a 23-mile stretch in Arizona.

According to Williams' sources, thousands of al-Qaida sleeper agents have now been forward deployed into the U.S. to carry out their individual roles in the coming "American Hiroshima" plan.

Bin Laden's goal, according to the book, is to kill at least 4 million Americans, 2 million of whom must be children. Only then, bin Laden has said, would the crimes committed by America on the Arab and Muslim world be avenged.

There is virtually no doubt among intelligence analysts al-Qaida has obtained fully assembled nuclear weapons, according to Williams. The only question is how many. Estimates range between a dozen and 70. The breathtaking news is that an undetermined number of these weapons, including suitcase bombs, mines and crude tactical nuclear weapons, have already been smuggled into the U.S. ??? at least some across the U.S.-Mexico border.

The future plan, according to captured al-Qaida agents and documents, suggests the attacks will take place simultaneously in major cities throughout the country ??? including New York, Boston, Washington, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles.

In response to the G2 Bulletin revelations, Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, a citizen action group demanding the U.S. government take control of its borders, said an immediate military presence on the borders is now imperative "to stop the overwhelming influx of unidentified, potentially hostile and seditious persons coming across at an alarming rate."

"Terrorists have carte blanche to carry practically anything they want across our national line at this time," he said. "As ordinary citizens have warned this government for years, the only surprising part about the new information reported here is that nothing apocalyptic from Mexican-border weapons trafficking has yet happened. Terrorism has reared its ugly head in London again these past few days, and as we know all too well we are not immune in this country. At this point, the next attempt to attack America at home is just a matter of 'when,' not 'if.' And our unsecured borders have surely contributed to this threat ??? yet our government officials continue to fiddle while our nation's margin of security and safety burns away. The president and Congress had better wake up before they have to answer for another devastating terrorist incursion on our own soil."

br
/>
Peace and love
T.N.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Sounds pretty hysterical to me.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    WorldNetDaily? Pffftttt, it's the less credible bastard son of Fox News.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    IF This Is True.....

....... Everybodys 'aving it.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    "In addition to detonating its own nuclear weapons already planted in the U.S., military sources also say there is evidence to suggest al-Qaida is paying former Russian special forces Spetznaz to assist the terrorist group in locating nuclear weapons formerly concealed inside the U.S. by the Soviet Union during the Cold War."

That's hilarious! Al Qaida has teamed up with the former Soviet Union!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    nah they already reported that they don't think there will be another attack on the US for at least 5 years.

• The possibility that Al qaida (or anyone, for that matter) has obtained nukes from former USSR arsenals notwithstanding; this scenario seems entirely plausible.

The notion that bombs have already been "positioned" within our borders does not seem that far-fetched.

I'm not saying I think this is the case, but it would not have been impossible to do.

• WorldNetDaily has also recently reported that my penis is the size of afghanastan.

• WorldNetDaily has also recently reported that my penis is the size of afghanastan.

I'm not saying I think this is the case, but it would not be impossible...

• ...and that Kenny Rogers is actually an alien lizard in a disguise.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WorldNetDaily has also recently reported that my penis is the size of afghanastan.

...and that Kenny Rogers is actually an alien lizard in a disguise.

WURD? Keep up abreast of updates on both news items AP. How about that naming contest though...any frontrunners?

• untrue. bin Laden has WAY less money and WAY fewer connections that the many nations that lack nuclear weapons but that would like to have them. north korea would be waving dozens of nukes if they were that easy to obtain. same goes for just about every arab government. and if bush and friends knew about a suitcase bomb, they would have covered every inch of every major urban area with giger counters. you cant just hide plutonium in the trunk of your car. its never even been proven that suitcase bombs are possible. the triggering mechanism is a major challenge.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Sounds pretty hysterical to me.

If we all go out and buy a good or service, we will be showing those sons of bitches who's boss.

For all the people who don't have money but still want to prove they are patriots, they have this:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45203

According to the author, the news sent Bush "through the roof," prompting him to order AN ATTACK ON IRAQ.

From what I undestand a suitcase is to small for a nuclear bomb.

What is the weight in the story 178 pounds? You are not carrying that in the subway.

More like a VW Bug bomb.

It is true that security on ex soviet stock piles are looser than a Grateful Dead jam fest. I think it also has been credible reported that AQ wanted to get their hands on nuclear material.

Anyway, where is Archaic now that we really need him.

Dan

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    As hokey as that article reads, an attack entirely more catostrophic than 9/11 has got to be in the making right? and though it seems straight off of "24" or something, the idea of MS-13 helping to smuggle people over the border is not that outrageous. I mean, there have got to be some sympathizers in this country that would, for a price and a guarentee of safety, be willing to do such a thing?

nuclear fallout in a major city is gonna be such a drag.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Yeah, but really, who drops the BIG BOMBS on this planet which we all share?

Keep stirring up the fear at home and ordinary folk won't feel so bad about the amount of death going on everywhere else -- it's necessary to keep us safe, oh and happens to be good for the balance of trade.

• Options
    Maaaan, that article focused so much on the US-Mexico border, and then managed to mention the Minutemen plus WHAT THEY ARE PLANNING this fall...c'mon guys, don't you think that it's just a prop piece by the Minutemen?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Listen, regardless of the Bush conspiracy theories, instill fear and take away freedoms of average citizens,Conservative agenda discussions, don't lose sight of some key pts:

-The US has a border with Mexico that is like a sieve[/b]

-Former Soviet nuclear scientists and technicians are unemployed and unable to feed their families[/b]

-some cross training and a quick bag drop would be all that would be necessary to use a suitcase/backpack bomb.[/b]

Belarus, Ukraine, the Stans, and other former Soviet countries have nukes and would be EASY to get dudes to pass em off if the price was right. AND let's not speculate on Bin Laden's finances til someone finds him. Afghani poppy growing/opium & heroin smuggling is HUGE. Read about how Bin Laden and the CIA masterminding getting Soviet soldiers fighting in Afghanistan hooked on heroin.

I put up the article as some food for thought. Don't live your life in fear, but don't be fearless.

Peace

T.N.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    I put up the article as some food for thought. Don't live your life in fear, but don't be fearless.

i heard this on coast to coast am with george noory last night. shit was better when art bell did the whole week. parts of it seem credible, parts didn't.

fact of the matter is something much more fucked up than 9/11 will most likely happen within my lifetime. but what am i gonna do about it? start checking people at the border for nukes? do i want to wear a collar around my ankle so the government knows where all of us are at all times? id say no to both of those.

so what am i gonna do?

same thing i did today and the day before. live each day like its my last one on this earth. because whether it is a nuke, or a bus hitting me on my bike ride home i'm gonna die sometime. so i say do live fearlessly.

I've always thought about the concept you picked up on. Essentially, I think a lotta society's "ills" are caused by people thinking "it can't happen to them." Well, be careful, cuz it can. My best friend's bro died in a drunk driving accident. Everyone thinks they're steel and can't feel shit til it happens. Shit, I have renal problems. We all gotta be concerned for our welfare and those we care about, as well as your neighbor. Treat em how you would want to be treated, EVEN IF they don't give it back.
    T.N.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    what i was trying to express is that i do believe it can happen to me. but i'm not in control of that (unless i decide to take my own life which is not an option but just setting it out there for all those who like to poke holes in arguements). so why should i worry about dying? why not start living instead?

let me also say that this way of living does not mean go steal shit out of your neighbors garage because "fuck it your living." id take it one step beyond love thy neighbor. i believe that we should treat all living things with respect and kindness. ( fuck i just revealed my hippyness, hope i can still look hard in front of my friends ) but i didnt think the report you posted or your other statements had anything to do with how to treat others.

good discussion!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Fuck the nukes wha wha

Straight up. I'm fucking with some SERIOUS pork chops right now. Al Quaida ain't got shit on me.

Fuck the nukes wha wha

Straight up. I'm fucking with some SERIOUS pork chops right now. Al Quaida ain't got shit on me.

Pork chops with figs and appricots?

• Fuck the nukes wha wha

Pork Chops w/ Prunes and Apple?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Anyway, where is Archaic now that we really need him.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Bin Laden, according to Williams, has nearly unlimited funds to spend on his nuclear terrorism plan because he has remained in control of the Afghanistan-produced heroin industry.

Mullah Muhammad Omar of the taliban banned any poppy cultivation in all taliban CONTROLLED regions of Afghanistan in 2000. There were then and are poppies being grown in Afghanistan but they were being grown by USA allies the Northern Allience within their controlled territories.

Since the disappearance of the taliban government the ban on poppies has disappeared as well. Today farmers stand to make much more money on poppies than most other crops. So they simply grow the stuff. But its the farmers doing not Bin Laden. The US and Afghan governments do not currently attempt to stop the farmers from growing opium because they need the farmers support to establish the governments' legitimacy. There is no way I will beleive that within the current state of affairs that al-Qaeda has the ability to micromanage numerous poppy farms within Afghanistan. The only places that Bin Laden could possibly manage such a thing is in Pakistan and Uzbekistan and I don't think he can honestly in Pakistan.

Bin Laden left Sudan for Afghanistan in 1994. Its rather obvious that Bin Laden was a welcomed refugee by the taliban government in Afghanistan because he gave them loads of money. Bin Laden was a philanthropist. He gave the Sudanese governmet money and the taliban wouldn't mind him giving them some too. If Bin Laden and al-Qaeda were using poppies as a cheif source of income the taliban would of never banned it six years after Bin Laden's arrival in 2000.

I would tend to agree with you in light of the 1994 date of his return and the 2001 ban. That doesn't mean however that Bin Laden isn't getting a piece of the action from dudes. What seems apparent though is that what the Taliban does and what Bin Laden and Al Qaeda does are not synonymous and in line with each other. We are all using spy and surveillance reports that are essentially hypotheses rooted in scattered facts. It is a real fucking shame that US intelligence is so fucking horrendous. Did anyone see that Muslim terrorism "expert" of the FBI or CIA (I can't remember) being quizzed on stuff like "the 5 tenets of Islam" and the difference between Shi'a and Sunni Islam? It was embarrassing, dude didn't know shit and he's supposed to be the head honcho.

Did anyone see that Muslim terrorism "expert" of the FBI or CIA (I can't remember) being quizzed on stuff like "the 5 tenets of Islam" and the difference between Shi'a and Sunni Islam? It was embarrassing, dude didn't know shit and he's supposed to be the head honcho.

And he said that an understanding of Islamic religion and culture was not important and he did not use knowledge to decide who to hire or promote. FBI.