Jamaican dancehall repress unappreciation

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Why is it so hard to get a decent 45 repress from Jamaica?Either the pressing crackles, is warped, or what really drives me crazy is when there's the wrong version on the flip, or just a double A-side.It's impossible to tell without listening because they're usually labeled correctly.. one side will have the Artist / Title and the other side will say VERSION, implying that the riddim VERSION is on that side, but it's either the same song with vocals or another riddim altogether.Just ordered 10 45s, and 8 of them are like this. I already had many of these titles on vinyl, but was lacking the instrumentals.. so now I've just got yet another copy of said tunes with no riddim.Yeah, I'm a little mad, doggie. Yes, waaaaambulance.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this thread's racist.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    this thread's racist.

b/w

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    nex time order from jammyland -on the phone after 1-2
    mon-sun
    malcom will make sure you are happy -and he play that shit for verification
    212 614 0185

plug ....tunin

• next time order from ebreggae.com and pay only $6 in shipping anywhere in the US

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    next time order from ebreggae.com and pay only $6 in shipping anywhere in the US

And order more than $250 (with a buddy or two if need be), register as a store and save in all kinds of fabulous ways.

I like ebreggae.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I forgot all about ebreggae... I will remember that next time.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Yes, jamaican pressings suck big time. But they are dirt cheap, always half the price of non jamaican reissues. So stop the

By the way, are there any legit jamaican reissues or are they all bootlegs?