Wedding question.

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
My sister is really stressing picking out her 1st dance song or whatever the traditions are. Isn't it... 1st dance married and then a dance with dad?So I guess... she just kinda wants to know what normal people usually choose for these cause she doesn't want it to be cheesy but doesn't want it to seem like overly deep or something. Suggestions?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ying Yang Twins "Salt Shaker"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    have them play an acapella. can you imagine how awkward that would be?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Isn't it... 1st dance married and then a dance with dad?

Yes. Then often groom with mom.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    love for years to come...

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    a dance with dad

then often groom with mom.

both often are danced to 69 boyz "let me ride that donkey"

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    for that special evening...

maybe not

• unityunity 179 Posts
    pop goes the weasel. srsly.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    The lady and I have chosen Sailin' by Christopher Cross, but that's only if we get married, and if it's under the stars.

First dance is always the bride and groom. Then the parents step in after.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    My sister is really stressing picking out her 1st dance song or whatever the traditions are. Isn't it... 1st dance married and then a dance with dad?

So I guess... she just kinda wants to know what normal people usually choose for these cause she doesn't want it to be cheesy but doesn't want it to seem like overly deep or something. Suggestions?

The bride and groom should have their first dance with "their" song, meaning a song that is a favorite, or just is significant in some way to them. And the bride/dad and groom/mom should also have songs that are favorites or whatever for their respective dances. It doesn't matter if everyone else thinks it's corny; it's their wedding.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    My sister is really stressing picking out her 1st dance song or whatever the traditions are. Isn't it... 1st dance married and then a dance with dad?

So I guess... she just kinda wants to know what normal people usually choose for these cause she doesn't want it to be cheesy but doesn't want it to seem like overly deep or something. Suggestions?

The bride and groom should have their first dance with "their" song, meaning a song that is a favorite, or just is significant in some way to them. And the bride/dad and groom/mom should also have songs that are favorites or whatever for their respective dances. It doesn't matter if everyone else thinks it's corny; it's their wedding.

i swear some of these how do i wipe my ass threads kill me...

"so like...am I supposed to propose to her or the other way around...?"

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I was just thinking that... Unbelievably the "call the cops on my roommate" one lasted 13 pages and still going...

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

i'll second that emotion