James Brown - much freakier than you knew

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hell, the man was in his sixties before he discovered doggy style on the Playboy Channel. He called up Roosevelt Johnson at three in the morning to tell him about it. ???You sittin??? down, Mr. Johnson???? he asked, which is what he always said when he had an astonishing new fact to report. ???Black man don???t know nothing. Black man don???t know a damned thing. A white man, he get up in his woman from behind.??? Johnson pretended to be surprised by that. (???You had to go there with him,??? he says, ???because you didn???t know anything Mr. Brown didn???t know.???)

• ???He did not know about the soft,???

Dress

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I just bought that issue this week, solely for that story. I don't know which is freakier, the story itself or the fact that he could still attract reasonable attractive females looking like this: . If he could still get himself some pussy while resembling a rubber biscuit, more power to him. Keith Richards is in the same issue, looking twice as fucked up.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    After reading that article, I'm wondering what the hell the point of a will is if people can still sue to have it invalidated.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    After reading that article, I'm wondering what the hell the point of a will is if people can still sue to have it invalidated.

I would assume that this is a rather exceptional case and people are being shitty, disregarding his final wishes. Also there are probably many loose ends not tied up within the context of his actual will.

that doggystyle thing made me laugh. Kind of mid blowing that you could make it to 60 before encountering this in your life.

I also liked that one of the lawyers is in jail for murder after being bounced from a club because he masturbated in the nude while awaiting a lap dance.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I would assume that this is a rather exceptional case and people are being shitty, disregarding his final wishes. Also there are probably many loose ends not tied up within the context of his actual will.

that doggystyle thing made me laugh. Kind of mid blowing that you could make it to 60 before encountering this in your life.

I also liked that one of the lawyers is in jail for murder after being bounced from a club because he masturbated in the nude while awaiting a lap dance.

You don't have to be rich, famous, or fusked up to have your will challenged. Happens everyday to ordinary people.

That article was pretty dern good.

"She also believes, along with several other people, that Mr. Brown was killed, though by whom and how neither she nor anyone else will say. ???I can???t comment on that right now,??? she says, ???for the safety of myself and my son.???"

Cue the lizard people.

Does the longer article mention Bobby Byrd? Wasn't he there from the first reform school vocal group till the end?

I really shouldn't read these things, gets in the way of enjoying his musical legacy and my memories of seeing him and shaking his hand.

You don't have to be rich, famous, or fusked up to have your will challenged. Happens everyday to ordinary people.

yeah, I know, but I imagine it's magnified quite a bit in James Brown's case. Instead of a few hands in the pot there are probably thousands. I know it happens in all types of situations, but this is probably a mess.

yeah, I know, but I imagine it's magnified quite a bit in James Brown's case. Instead of a few hands in the pot there are probably thousands. I know it happens in all types of situations, but this is probably a mess.

No Doubt, decades for sure. I'm picturing a meaner version of the judge from My Cousin Vinny presiding over the the thing treating each party with more contempt than the last. And judging by that article the last was very contemptuous.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

One night in the summer of 2001, after he???d slathered her in Vaseline (???He liked you all greased up,??? she says. ???Like a porkchop???) and wore her out trying to come, he gave up and left the room, and Gloria dozed off. When she woke up, Mr. Brown was standing at the foot of the bed in a full-length mink coat over his bare chest, a black cowboy hat, and silk pajama pants with one leg tucked into a cowboy boot and the other hanging out. He had a shotgun over his shoulder and a white stripe of Noxzema under each eye. ???I???m an Indian tonight, baby,??? he announced. ???C???mon, let???s let ???em have it.??? Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage. He took the Rolls, drove ten miles to Augusta, weaving all over the road, clipping mailboxes, smoking more dope, and screaming about being an Indian. Gloria kept thinking she should flag down a cop, say she???d been kidnapped.

A man after my own heart. RIP.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.

so ill.

Does the longer article mention Bobby Byrd? Wasn't he there from the first reform school vocal group till the end?

naw, the article just focuses on the wives, chillun, and "other women"

theres even a flow chart that breaks down just who is who

Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.

so ill.

that is amazing.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm going to the bookstore after work an dpick this shit up! A must read !

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    thats hot that he left future royalties for random kids' scholarships

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

what that SFOS meant ? ...and btw, speakin of "freakier" was that a ball of cotton ?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    christ i can't even read that article, what a clusterfuck.

what that SFOS meant ?

That was "GFOS"...God Father Of Soul.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    MOSP *

* (Much Obliged Sir Pickwick)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I recommend buying the mag for the full story.......

GQ has been damn good lately........."Violence of the Lambs" =

• Then he dumped a pickle jar of change on the floor, told her to get a machete, and went out to the garage.

so ill.

that is amazing.
    So are the sentences that came before it:

"When she woke up, Mr. Brown was standing at the foot of the bed in a full-length mink coat over his bare chest, a black cowboy hat, and silk pajama pants with one leg tucked into a cowboy boot and the other hanging out. He had a shotgun over his shoulder and a white stripe of Noxzema under each eye. ???I???m an Indian tonight, baby,??? he announced. ???C???mon, let???s let ???em have it.??? [/b]