edited April 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

=

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

if you don't like this movie you are probably not into women. saying. not that there's anything wrong with that...

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
     <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> 

Insane level of strength and flexibilty required

if you don't like this movie you are probably not into women. saying. not that there's anything wrong with that...

Im not commenting on the movie im comparing the glossy/dance rehersal stezz to today's sterilized breakdancin.....

And that movie is trash.....But i can watch Alba probably anything. She should been in Crash.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
     <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> 

i've seen this guy. he is from France. he is yoked like no other breaker I've ever seen. looks like dude just got out of prison with that physique (pasue).

and....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    B-Boy Ivan is no joke. Second dude in the clip.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm happy when I see a breaker that actually has cadence. Most of these guys and girls just flare around all exotic like they can't hear the beat. America just doesn't need that.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    lol. Another thread showcasing the first element of SoulStrut...

That BOTY clip is from like 1991-2001 (roughly), and features a lot of material from the crew showcases rather than actual battle footage, which is always more exciting.

I'm not a huge fan of the blow-up/air combo style of bboying that seems to be dominating the scene at the moment (e.g. Gamblers Crew), but I still ride for the dance itself. There are still a lot of bboys expanding in the right direction though.

Remind, Crumbs, K-Mel, DoKnock, Stringz, Moy, Little John, Kujo (in small doses), Shorty from Brickheadz, Dizzy from Motion Disorderz, etc. were some of the dudes I was checking for when I was heavy into the scene a few years ago.

Style = key to all forms of rocking.

B-Boy Ivan is no joke. Second dude in the clip.

Yeah, Ivan is like the bboy textbook. All his moves are super clean and precise. Probably the least sloppy bboy ever.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i love gabrielle union!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    PS.

Yes, insane strength and flexibility, but zero dancing. Super corny, IMO. Dude is suffering from Chinese acrobat disorder, and dancing to DnB remix of "I Know You Got Soul".

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Plus people forget that there's moves that Rocksteady Crew had back in the day that cats STILL can't pull off with that kinda style.

I always like to see more uprocking, and one of the nicer things about living on the west coast is that so often the poppers and the breakers are one and the same, so you get a fresher mix than just the technical spins.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Yes, insane strength and flexibility, but zero dancing. Super corny, IMO. Dude is suffering from Chinese acrobat disorder, and dancing to DnB remix of "I Know You Got Soul".

You are right. But the guys acrobatic/gymnnastic skills are pretty inspiring

I prefer popping and locking to floor moves.
    Check this kid from 40 secs in

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I don't understand this thread. Breakdancing is boring? Or, it's becoming too commercialized.

- spidey

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I prefer popping and locking to floor moves.
    Check this kid from 40 secs in

*****applause****** bravo young man

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    most cats now days dont have no style you want to know about rocking check http://www.breaklife.com and the "Rock life" documentary that the VII Gems put out ........