Options

Are you too lazy to look through 45's too?

edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I am. Fuck em'

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I am, too, too lazy to dig through them shits. But I havent been diggin since like September.

you guys aren't making sense. it's not even harder to do.
    you open the box, you pull out a handful, you flip through
    all fast-like, and you move on to the next handful.

I'm more likely to pass up looking through LP's to look at 45's.

IN OTHER WORDS RIDE OR FUCKING DIE

NO SOUL ON ICE!!!
    YOu have to flip through thousands more of bullshit!!!! And your hands get way dirtier. and theres never sleeves. and theyre stacked horizontally and every which way and its just a big PAIN IN DA ASS!!
    but when I get back in the game, imma take the time to flip through the dirty, mostly jukebox stock 45s.

• NO SOUL ON ICE!!!
    YOu have to flip through thousands more of bullshit!!!! And your hands get way dirtier. and theres never sleeves. and theyre stacked horizontally and every which way and its just a big PAIN IN DA ASS!!
    but when I get back in the game, imma take the time to flip through the dirty, mostly jukebox stock 45s.

and you can't judge it simply by the album cover..

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If you are too lazy/incompetent to flip through 45s then you're really just not cut out for this record thing.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    your hands get way dirtier.

yeah youre right.
    i quit.
    thank you fr openinh my eyes. i knew it felt awkward from the beginning.

YOu have to flip through thousands more of bullshit!!!!

Again, the opposite of truth. I've looked through WAY more bullshit
    LP's without buying shit than 45's. Usually if a spot has 45's, I'll
    find SOMETHING. I can look through 10,000 LP's, yawn, scratch my ass,
    and go buy a milkshake, no money spent. Dirty ass Salvo LP stacks. Shit.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I'm more likely to pass up looking through LP's to look at 45's.

whatever you goddamn 45 elitists.
    i quit.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

I move a bunch. Moving 3000 45s is a shitload easier than moving 3000 lps/12s.

• Options
    If you are too lazy/incompetent to flip through 45s then you're really just not cut out for this record thing.

Ive looked through shitloads in the past.Your right, I am gonna look. I remember finding good JB's ones Parliment...Alvin Cash.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    your hands get way dirtier.

You're the one with the fancy haircut!

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    I am. Fuck em'

100% IDIOT[/b]

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

YOu have to flip through thousands more of bullshit!!!!

Again, the opposite of truth. I've looked through WAY more bullshit
    LP's without buying shit than 45's. Usually if a spot has 45's, I'll
    find SOMETHING. I can look through 10,000 LP's, yawn, scratch my ass,
    and go buy a milkshake, no money spent. Dirty ass Salvo LP stacks. Shit.

its more exciting anyway.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I am. Fuck em'

You sound dumb and record young.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    i quit.

I'm sure if we could find simlarly/the same sounding material, acoustics and label design on Lp's we wouldn't have these issues.

I date all types of girls.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i quit.

One down, scores of toys to go.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i respect the hustle, but 45's aren't really my thing. def not the case of laziness.

sure there's some 45's out there i'd love to have, but for the most part if it's a place that has hundreds of 45's vs hundreds of LP's...i'd rather tire my self out going through the LP's.

i don't hate. equal opprotunity digger over here.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

And what exactly is 'this record thing'?

I have been collecting records for over 20years and I have maybe 3 or 4 boxes of 45s, many of which I have gotten free or super ultra cheap. They do not interest me much, sorry. It's just not something I get into. I will look when they look promising, but a huge box of rinked 45s just makes my head hurt. I spin 'em when I DJ, but I have never lusted after 45s.

My old band put out 4 45s, but I wish we had done an LP instead.

For all of you into 45s, I admire your interest in the format.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I've been digging through 12" and LP bins only, for quite a few years. I sort of have a handle on what crap is in the bin, and what might not be crap. I feel I make pretty good judgement calls, and can sort out what I should listen to, or if there is no opportunity to do that, what I should guess on. Of course there is still a LOT to learn, because this shit is endless, but still I feel pretty confident while I am digging.

Now 45s for me are a recent phenomenon, so it is waaaaay more work. I have no idea what I am looking at, at all, so it's kind of intimidating. I look in those little boxes, and don't really recognize anything. So I almost have no starting point yet. It's hard, but I am really trying to get my hands dirty again.

The great part is though, I can go back to buying tons of really great $5 records again, since I never owned many 45s in the first place.

Bottom bins, here I come!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I will say that as an LP dude I get a lot of pleasure looking through lots of singles... I see more novelty in it at this point. I'm a little more green in terms of what I know but it's more interesting to me at this point.

There is a lot of assburn associated with seeing the same LPs over and over again.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

There is a lot of assburn associated with seeing the same LPs over and over again.

This is truth.

Johnny, you comin' thru College park next weekend?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    12"s are my least favourite, the cover tells you nothing and you can't just flip through, you gotta pull each one up to see what the hell the label is saying.

Looking through 45s is no harder than LPs, carrying them around is way easier though, that's for sure.

The only thing I hate about looking through 45s to buy is when they're sleeveless.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

You're the one with the fancy haircut!

Don't hate

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    VS.

is there any question? cheaper. sounds better. easier to find... your loss.