TRADES WITH DESCRIPTIONS / PICS...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2008 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Whats up,Willing to be liberal with everything but the Head LP. I'm moving to Australia in the coming months, and don't wanna ship everything back home... u2u me, looking for your usual fair. Willing to trade a few things for bigger pieces, etc.Thanks for looking.peace.Head - Blackpool Cool (UK)[/b]Referred to as "the haggis of jazz fusion bands," the small combo Head were based in Glasgow in the '70s. Privately pressed on their own label "Head Records", and rare as hens teeth, even in Scotland. If you like Ian Carr's Nucleus, you will love Head . Amazing breakbeat driven tracks such as "G.B.H." and "I Met A Man". A lot heavier and proto hip-hop driven than their previous 2 outings (G.T.F. and Red Dwarf). In my and many others opinons, the best LP ever released from Scotland. Amazing cover artwork. This won't hang around long. Vinyl has pressing fault, nearly all copies of this were cut wrong due to the shotty pressing plant that was used. Plays fine. Don't sleep! EX/EX.William Devaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got (USA)[/b]This LP really needs no introduction... a crate staple that's getting harder to turn up in playable shape... "Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene, with a gangsta lean..." Perfect to get the party started and the definition of MELLOW. Cover has minor water damage and seam splitting, vinyl has minor surface scuffs. Strong VG/VGEdwin Starr - Free To Be Myself (USA)[/b]Rare small label press by soul legend Edwin Starr. Released in 1975 on the Granite label. Some super solid tracks featuring a little bit of everything for everyone - funk, soul, party tunes. Hard hitters include; "Party", "Pain" and "Toys". Comes with my highest recommendation. Raer. Discounted price, cover has punch hole, price sticker damage and seam wear/split. Vinyl has writing on label. Looks way better than it sounds, can supply photos. Strong VG/VG.Hiromi Iwasaki - Fantasy (Japan)[/b]Great album from J-pop superstar Hiromi Iwasaki. Features 4 drum breaks, and 2 incredible samples for the producers. Take my word on this LP, I've never been able to keep this one in stock for long. All round solid LP for the producers/beatheads/drumbreak freaks. VG+/VG+John Neptune - Bamboo (Japan)[/b]This one is HOT. Japanese LP from American Shakuhachi (Japanese bamboo flute) player John Neptune. This isn't straight traditional music but jazz fusion with Eastern tinges. Lots of insane samples, passages and great tunes. "Blue Wind" was used by Jay-Z for 22-2's on Reasonable Doubt. Beautiful condition with OBI and insert. Unplayed deadstock. MINT/MINT.Man - Golden Hour (UK)[/b]Welsh prog at it's best. Featuring UK library legend, John Schroeder on production. Killer tunes include "Erotica" with it's sleazy electronic prog breakbeat and moaning noises. Also features the monster track "Peulla Peulla" that was on the last volume of Dusty Fingers. Lots of other great tunes on here too. Budget price. The first pressing is commonly seen selling for over $200... VG+/VG+Ema On Modletsma - Soundtrack LP (Japan)[/b]Well... I'm letting a secret squirrel out the bag this time around. This soundtrack was hipped to me back in the day and was impossible to find at the time... I finally got a spare. There's everything here you that would expect from a Japanese OST of this price - a dope drumbreak track, grooves, jazz/funk tunes, sinister library stuff, all types. And this *IS NOT* some overhyped steeze here, this is the real deal. I'm letting this one go to get the word out cuz Japanese sellers on eBay keep rehashing the same 'ol 20 records. This is the real ish. As heard on Muro's mix CD. Hit me up if you need a mp3... EX/EXDiabolica - OST 7" (Japan / Italy)[/b]Japan only 7" single from the Italian movie "Diabolica" (also known as "Chi Sei") originally released on legendary OST/library label CAM. Downtempo italian library/soundtrack funky groove on "Bargain With The Devil" with it's killer vocals and deep soulful vibe, and another killer on the B-side with "Dmitry's Theme". Sought after Japan only single VG+/EXHair - Japanese LP (Japan)[/b]Here it is, the coveted holy grail, Japanese version of Hair. This one features the original loop for Nas' masterpiece "Halftime". How the hell did Large Professor think to filter the version of Dead End on this one. Genius, and possibly my favorite version of Hair ever. Heavy. EX/EX condition.Arsenal - Jazz-Rock Ensemble LP (Russia)[/b]Definitley in the top 5 all time Jazz/Funk albums from the former USSR. Heavy drums and sparse jazz with lots of sample oppurtunity and tracks for the mix CDs. Funky! VG+/VG+Oleg Kutsenko - & His Jazz Group LP (Russia)[/b]Features the amazing 12 minute long "Kaleidoscope, suite" showcasing the group of sax, bass, percussion and fender piano bust loose for some funky uptempo jazz. Amazing stuff from the USSR. Did I say funky?! VG+/VG+Zodiac - Disco Alliance LP (Russia)[/b]Amazing russian proto-disco stuff. As charted by the B-Music guys in the UK. Crazy off the wall cover too - alien fish! This has been edited and re-issued recently. Get the OG here! EX/VG+James Last - Voodoo Party LP (UK)[/b]Yeah, James Last, that's right. this one's probably his best overall LP. Great cover versions of "Sing A Simple Song", "Everyday People", "Innercity Blues" and more! Lots of sampleable moments too. Budget but quality! EX/EXLos Pekenikes - Time Is Tight 7" (Spain)[/b]Fantastic cover version from this spanish mod group. VG+/VGMarcia Hines - Shines LP (Australia)[/b]Essential Northern Soul classic from Australia that's getting harder and harder to track down! EX/VG+Herbie Hancock - Directstep LP (Japan)[/b]Unbelievable gatefold packaged Japan only album from piano maestro Herbie Hancock. Features three tracks; "Shiftless Shuffle", "I Thought It Was You" (15 minute version!) and "Butterfly", all performed by the same band as the Black Octopus album (Webster Lewis, Alphonse Mouzon, Herbie Hancock, Bennie Maupin and Paul Jackson). One of the lost pieces to the Headhunters legacy. Boogie-fusion-funk at it's best. Very rare with OBI. EX/VG+Pookah - Self-Titled LP (USA)[/b]Amazing Psych-Rock from the US. Released in 1969, this one is a producers dream. If you are looking for those psyched out loops, this is it! An essential production tool and an amazing listening album from start to finish. Great for newbies getting into psych, I always hip them to this one. Check soulstrut.com for more info. VG+/VG+Horace Silver Quartet - You Gotta Take A Little Love LP (Blue Note)[/b]Essential session on Blue Note from Horace Silver VG/VG+Howl To The Sun - DR-6094 7" (Japan)[/b]Easily the best track ever from the "Howl To The Sun" series. Mellow jazz/soul/boogie tune. As recently features on Muro's Japanese mix where he played the 45 at 33, which makes this tune sound even fatter. My only copy. EX/EXHowl To The Sun - DR-6038 7" (Japan)[/b]The second best mellow soul-funk tune from the Howl To the Sun series! EX/EXHowl To The Sun - AT-1066 7" (Japan)[/b]Cop show Japan TV funk EX/EXHowl To The Sun - DR-6260 7" (Japan)[/b]Cop show Japan TV funk EX/EXThe Great 3 - Like A Virgin 7" (Japan)[/b]Amazing cover version of "Like A Virgin" from 1990. Very rare promo, and very strange! For the mixtape and obscurity DJ. You will like this! EX/VG+Scorpio - OST 7" (Japan)[/b]Picture cover sleeved-single from Japan featuring the "Main Theme" from Scorpio as performed by the UASO. EX/VG+They Call Me Mister Tibbs - OST 7" (Japan)[/b]Japanes
e original pressing of this classic theme on 45! "Soul Flower" on the flip! Hard to find, my only ever copy! EX/EXJAPANESE HIP-HOP EXCLUSIVES[/b]Pete Rock - Revenge (Muro Remix) 12"D.I.T.C. - All Love 12" Pete Rock - Back On Da Block 12" (Handcuts)Main Source - The Large Professor 12"Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth - Strictly For The Ladies 12"Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth - Baby You Nasty 12"Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Unreleased Joints EPDilated Peoples - Bullet Train 12"Zeebra / Rhymester - DJ Premier / Buckwild 12"Rino / Microphone Pager - Da Beatminerz / Show 12"J-Treds - Praise Due (Indopepsychics Remix) 12" (Fondle Em)DJ Krush - Another Maze EPUS HIP-HOP[/b]Brothaz Bent - Up From The Desert 2LPThe Krown Rulers - Paper Chase LPFinsta Bundy - Feel The HighBuckwild ft. Nas, Kool Keith, Show & AG - You Know Now, Yo Black, Life's A Bitch EPFrankenstein - Frankenstein's PainFrankenstein - Frankenstein's Pain (Remixx) 12"Frankenstein - The Rain Is Gone / All HandsPublic Enemy - Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock Remix) - Picture Disc

Comments