Innercity Boundaries 12"?

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Was there a 12" for this song by Freestyle Fellowship? Can't find one on da netz.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    a video, yes.

a 12 inch, no. As far as I know. Never heard of one or seen one. Strange that they'd have a video and no single.

There are bullies of the block and hot potatoe 12 inches.

There was also a double lp instrumental of the album that was released on clear vinyl in 2002 and you know what...no innercity boundaries instro. I just noticed that now. It's even got a "ummmm" instrumental and that wasn't on the album. The instrumental for hot potato is some jazz jam, not hot potato. Weird, I guess I bought this and never listened to it before.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fuckk.
    Hot Potato video was a remix, sounds like the original on the instrumentals record. Innercity Boundaries was great, I wonder why no instrumental. If they recorded it with the band, the mic would still be separate and they could still make an instro. WTF!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I don't have the liner notes in front of me to make sure, but my only guess is that it's because Daddy-O produced it. I'm guessing it was a different studio at a different time and when they put together that instrumentals reissue they did not have access to Daddy-O's master tapes. Just a guess. I listened to those instrumentals last night after you posted this and there were a few cuts that were different versions than the beats that are on the album. Slight changes.

That still doesn't explain why there wasn't a 12 inch at the time of the video. Even a promo.