death defying shit youve seen

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
i was driving down 76 east a couple years ago on the weekend of the greek picnic.highway was moving along at a good 50 mile clip, but definitely packed, no room to switch lanes or nothing. dude on a motorcycle in front of me was rolling along when suddenly he raises up with a wheelie...and proceeds to keep it there for a good mile. what the fuck?!?! i mean, i didn't mind that he didn't have a helmet on, but isnt a stunt like that semi dangerous??? i mean, a slight fuck up and you got a monster accident. phewwwwwwww. shit was craazy.what has everyone else seen?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Seeing Johnny Paycheck taking that second (third?) shot of Jameson.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh fuck. no doubt.

my homie was a reporter when it went down, so he rushed downtown to the scene. then shit collapsed. his stories are harrowing. there is a pic of him getting bodies out of the rubble and he is grey dread to toe. he went through 7 lives that day. he moved to albuquerque for a bunch of years before coming back home to nyc

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    On Sunday I saw some retarded hippie dudes set off to climb to the keyhole in the center of this picture:

I don't think the picture adequately conveys that this is a really, really bad idea. It's over 4000 feet of crumbling lava rock, cliffs, and thorn bushes with several intermediate ridgelines and valleys.

They ended up getting helicopter rescued. My girlfriend has pictures, I'll try and put them up.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    i mean, i didn't mind that he didn't have a helmet on, but isnt a stunt like that semi dangerous??? i mean, a slight fuck up and you got a monster accident. phewwwwwwww. shit was craazy.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I hate motorcycles on the freeway. They are almost always zooming in and out randomly and doing some dumb shit. It's like the bumpy lane dividers are a new "motorcycle lane" for them. If some dude did a wheelie on the freeway I'd probably say "what an asshole" semi-under my breath.

Can somebody bump that Grumpy old men thread. I think Preme started it. that was a good one.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I remember driving in France on one of those roads that are one lane each way with a shared, central overtaking lane. We were caning it over a hill but when we crested it, there was a 1950's 2cv van doing around 10mph right in front of us, and another hill crest approaching.

Couldn't brake so we swerved and overtook but we were still in the middle lane coming over the next brow, praying no-one was overtaking from the oncoming way.

As we crested the hill with clenched everything, some clown in a "Magnum" Ferrari 308 overtook us in the leftmost lane i.e. the lane the oncoming traffic would be using. He got big air.

Fortunately no-one was coming either way. It would have been on the Richter scale.

• bout a month ago my friend wayne was skating this 6 foot ramp, trying 360 flips to fakie on it, a trick that he can he do pretty much everytime. this was one of those "one more try" instances. when he tried to land it he slipped out and hit his head on the ramp. he was knocked out for at least a minute not moving or anything. he started grunting "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgn" "ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn", we were just like FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!, and then he started giggling in his knockedoutedness, so that lightened the mood lol. he stumbled to his feet mumbling something about some dream he had while he was unconscious, and then he had a big headache for the rest of the day.

yeah, i wonder about those skaters, but especially those bmx dudes. all those superman bike tricks, must take a hell of a lot of practice. how do you practice something where you are twentyfive feet in the air? how are these guys not all in traction?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    and then he had a big headache for the rest of the day.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    yeah, i wonder about those skaters, but especially those bmx dudes. all those superman bike tricks, must take a hell of a lot of practice. how do you practice something where you are twentyfive feet in the air? how are these guys not all in traction?

seriously, I've thought about that a lot. How are these guys not wearing full body armor when they skate? To perfect any trick in any discipline means you did it wrong a whole bunch of times. If I'm working on scratching and I mess up doing a crab, it just sounds crappy. I fuck up a mctwist on a half pipe it's at least ramp rash if not a broken bone or many bruises. That's a really big penalty for the pursuit of perfection. Or these street cats who take a shot to the nuts while trying to grind a handrail? After that, I would never skate without a metal diaper ever again. I'd be looking like Iron Man and shit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I was cycling to college one morning, I was moving pretty quickly, but I was only on a bike. When some dumb bint decides to pull out of a side road, and crash head first into me.
    Car vs Bike there's only going to be one winner.
    Me and the bike flew over the hood of the car, where I, for the first and probably last time in my life, performed a perfect somersault flip, and landed clean on my feat.
    I walked away without a scratch. My bike was totalled.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I got my parents' 1969 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon completely airborne once when I was 16 or 17. Lucky to be here really.

(not my pic)

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    i mean, i didn't mind that he didn't have a helmet on, but isnt a stunt like that semi dangerous??? i mean, a slight fuck up and you got a monster accident. phewwwwwwww. shit was craazy.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I hate motorcycles on the freeway. They are almost always zooming in and out randomly and doing some dumb shit. It's like the bumpy lane dividers are a new "motorcycle lane" for them. If some dude did a wheelie on the freeway I'd probably say "what an asshole" semi-under my breath.

Can somebody bump that Grumpy old men thread. I think Preme started it. that was a good one.

In LA it's legal for cycles to drive between lanes. So you'll just be cruising along and some dipship buzzes by at 100 MPH. It's a little unnerving.

I was cycling to college one morning, I was moving pretty quickly, but I was only on a bike. When some dumb bint decides to pull out of a side road, and crash head first into me.
    Me and the bike flew over the hood of the car, where I, for the first and probably last time in my life, performed a perfect somersault flip, and landed clean on my feat.

whoa!!! thank fuckin god you landed that shit!!!!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Only saw it on TV, but this was pretty much the most insane (non 9-11 related) thing I've ever seen:

Jake Brown LIVE CRASH!!! - The funniest bloopers are right here

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Only saw it on TV, but this was pretty much the most insane (non 9-11 related) thing I've ever seen:

Jake Brown LIVE CRASH!!! - The funniest bloopers are right here

I've seen this a few times now and i always laugh when tony hawk says "wow, i can't believe he made the 720."

The dude could be dead and he says "wow, I can't believe he made the 720."

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

bmx dudes and now some of those guys doing the huge snowboard jumps use foam pits to try new tricks. that way if you're not gonna land a trick you just kick away your bike or toss your board and land in on some squishy. after that they have soft plastic ramps that you can ride away on but are a lot softer than ramp wood. nutting handrails on a skateboard though, that's just not caring about disregarding your ability to reproduce.

check this out at about 0:20.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

check this out at about 0:20.

Oooooh! that's what I'm saying. with skating there is no dry run.

Man, is it me or did that dude basically 50/50 with his nuts? It looks like he hit and then kept sliding for a little bit.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I haven't tried a handrail since I did that on the 7 stair rail at Santa Clara University in college. I could barely walk for a week

• Options
    Danny Way jumping the great wall of china.

• I was cycling to college one morning, I was moving pretty quickly, but I was only on a bike. When some dumb bint decides to pull out of a side road, and crash head first into me.

Damn,i had a similar experience coming down 9th street in BKLYN some years agao..Car ended up getting it worse then me or my bike..completely smashed the windshield with my backside..was pickin' out glass from there for a few months..Shout out to my guardian angel..