psych 45s

darkdark 52 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
...Elusive since collectors have been snapping them up for 30ish years, not easily recognized in the field tending to not have particularly psychedelic sounding labels, names or even dates, -and not exactly the most easily sample-able material Even still, I got a couple that are good to listen to.In particular, I'm feeling 2 bands from 45s I own and likeRaggamuffins - group from New England with 12 string guitars and harmonies reminiscent of the byrds. Unlike the byrds however, the drums and bass are loud in the mix, the drumming is interesting, and they aren't doing Dylan covers. Not to be confused with a California group Ragamuffins who released a terrible sunshine pop 45 thats comped on one of those semi-famous garage comps: "rubble" or something.Brym Stonz - its comped on something... The B side "times gone by" is trippy down tempo moody "soft" psych with vocal harmonies and a very present bassline throughout the song.Looks like you can actually download both sides of the 45 from: http://www.garagehangover.com/?q=BrymStonzAnyone have any?

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The Avengers' "Be A Caveman" is insanely misogynistic, but is - unfortunately - also insanely catchy.

Ever hear the Public Nuisance comp issued several years back? Sheeeeeeeit.