Pulling out old friends i forgot i had (RR)

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Having boxed up every LP in the house during a looming hurricane threat, the unboxing has proven to be fun. listening to this right now w/ morning coffee before work: And last night checked out- Dizzy Gillespie - The Source on America. Completely forgot i had it.And this one yesterday morning: and this one now:

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hah! I did the same thing this morning before work. thought about it last night and fished it out today:

wish i was back home listening to it instead of being here listening to bad radio.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    here listening to bad radio.

cosign

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i figured i'm entitled to slow moving morning seeing as i worked a 16 hour day yesterday which included 400 miles of driving. so coffee and gonzaga jr it is... at least for the next four minutes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    here listening to bad radio.

cosign

word. silence is golden in an office space.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I had that experience a few days ago after listening to the following forgotten old friends (wife working evenings has its advantages):

-"S/T"-Blind Faith.
    -"E Pluribus Funk"-Grand Funk.
    -"Masters of Reality" and "Paranoid"-Black Sabbath (thanks "Essential LPs" thread for prompting me to listen to these again).
    -"A Space in Time"-Ten Years After.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hey,

I had that experience a few days ago after listening to the following forgotten old friends (wife working evenings has its advantages):

-"S/T"-Blind Faith.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

ha! wow! didn't think i'd ever read about those two on here. those are a couple of good summer records.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

-"S/T"-Blind Faith.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

ha! wow! didn't think i'd ever read about those two on here. those are a couple of good summer records.

What you thought, Miss B? You know I sports the well-rounded musical tastes!!! You know my steez, I just like good music.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Ari... good to hear Dennis missed you.

Good 60s Latin records are great to pull out after years of ignoring.

• Hey,

-"S/T"-Blind Faith.
    -"E Pluribus Funk"-Grand Funk.
    -"Masters of Reality" and "Paranoid"-Black Sabbath (thanks "Essential LPs" thread for prompting me to listen to these again).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cosign on that Blind Faith. 'Had To Cry Today' and 'Sea of Joy' are faves...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Pulling out old friends i forgot i had (RR)

This thread had serious mi??sog??y??nis??tic potential. As in:

Pulling Out (Old Friends I Forgot I Had)

*Pictures and/or names of old washed up "ho's" who didn't make you wear a rubber*

[color:white]
    Is it bad that this is what I've come to expect? [/color]

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That's funny, I first saw the title as saying, "Pulling out of old friends I forgot I had {RR}."

That's funny, I first saw the title as saying, "Pulling out of old friends I forgot I had {RR}."

I remember gettin' some "flashback booty" to be kinda fun, as long as ole' girl held together OK!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I dug this out from my parents house a couple days ago. Glad I did.