Airplane VS. Spinal Tap

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Spinal TapI can watch both over and over and over and over......

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    No contest.

Airplane's funny, but this one goes to 11.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Man that is not easy.......I almost have to say both. If I have to pick, then of course, Spinal Tap. They set the bar for shure. Airplane killed with the semantic jokes and of course Spinal Tap basically (re-)invented the Mockumentery. Zeigest might have been one of the first, but I can't think of many.

"We have to get this women to a hospital.
    What is it?
    It's a big building with doctors, but that's not important right now."

"(plays romatic piano ballad)
    Wow, that's butiful.
    Yes, it's called lick my love pump."

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I like both movies equally - the inside jokes and whatnot in Airplane! kill me.

But, I'd have to choose This Is Spinal Tap.

Why?

Because of this:

Fine-ass June Chadwick could rock a cowboy hat with finesse.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn, i havent seen airplane in years...

id have to go with spinal tap though.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    airplane had kareem, but spinal pap had...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Who has the OG Spinal Tap vinyl with the most black cover. Plus, it only counts if you bought it when the movie came out.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Definitely a close one, but Tap gets the edge.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Sweetheart's eyes are incredible.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Who has the OG Spinal Tap vinyl with the most black cover. Plus, it only counts if you bought it when the movie came out.

An old girlfriend of mine was almost a dead ringer for this lady...she was like the biggest Aerosmith fan going...when I told her she reminded me of June Chadwick she replied that I wasn't the only one who thought she looked like "that girl from the Spinal Tap movie."

An old girlfriend of mine was almost a dead ringer for this lady...she was like the biggest Aerosmith fan going...when I told her she reminded me of June Chadwick she replied that I wasn't the only one who thought she looked like "that girl from the Spinal Tap movie."

Did she make you wear Astro-Chart Inspired pajamas to bed?

Did she make you wear Astro-Chart Inspired pajamas to bed?

Thank God, no. Although, strangely enough, we had the same birthday...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Though it took me years to find the vinyl.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I think it would be impossible for me to choose between these two films. Tap easily has many of the funniest lines ever spoken on film but Airplane!'s humor is more dependent on tone. If you haven't seen Zero Hour! you really should check out this montage from WFMU:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/09/out-of-context-.html

What you realize is that most of the funniest lines from Airplane! are taken almost word for word from Zero Hour! They've made a movie that zany enough to let you really see the humor in the over the top earnest dialog from these old suspense movies.

• Options
    Airplane!

• Options
    Although I do ride hard for the Spinal Tap bonus footage on the DVD when dude talks about doing Surgery. "I like Surgery"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Airplane!