Easter Euro Extravaganza

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Just got back from 5 days in Holland. Girlfriend visiting her family, me visiting my extended record dealing family!!from Left to Right:Dave Pike - Noisy Silence - Been after one for ages so well chuffed to pick this up for 10 Euros. Features Mathar, etc.Goblin - Profondo Rosso Soundtrack - Cool electronic sounds, really like this on first listening.Sail Joia - ST - Features the track Go for the Others which is kinda Euro Bossa Jazz. - SpareFriends of Jazz - ST - Small Privately Pressed Dutch funky jazz LP which I've not seen before.Jan Ackerman - Guitar for sale - His first LP, features cool versions of Ode to Billy Joe, Comin Home Baby and others.Don Soundtrack - One really great funky Bollywood track.George Gruntz - The Band - Euro big band funk. Feautures real heavy weight line up inc Alan Skidmore, Benny Baliley, Dom Um Romeo and loads more.Dag Dag - Dutch Comp featuring the rare Hans Dulfer track King Sized Davy - SpareTruman Thomas - Groovin - Hammond versions of Ode to Billy Joe, Funky broadway, Cold sweat, etcWilma Reading - On Fire - Lounge singer does versions of Beginnings.Carel Heinsius - Hardop Gedacht - Another small label Dutch oresing that I've not seen before. One great funky jazz track.Mark Almond - ST - Nothing to do with Soft Cell. Great folk funker on here titled The City - Spare.Idris Muhammad - Turn this Mother Out - Sublime! Could Heaven Ever be Like thisJohn Williams - Cinderella Liberty - Soundtrack with two funky instrumentals. - SpareThe Byrds - Easy Rider - Features the funky rock instro Fido - SpareErich Von Daniken - In Search of Ancient Gods - Funky weirdness with breaks - SpareAl Green - Gets Next to You - Never seen this before, great soul on first listen, version of Light my Fire is nice.Thijs Van Leer - O my Love - Funky Euro Jazz on the track Street Rondo - SpareDoc Severenson - Fever - Features versions of Sidewinder and Eastern jazz sounding track Cleopatras Asp - SpareGeorge Freeman - Birth Sign - Features on eof my all time fav tracks Cough it up which is an excellent funky jazz track. - Spare.Art Farmer - A Sleeping Bee - Green Witch is funky jazz, features Sabu Martinez.Batitda - ST - Dutch latin jazz featuring versions of Ponteio, Vera Cruz, etc - SpareTreeborn - Innerflight - Private press jazz rock LP which is beautiful. I know nothing about this so any info much appreciated.Spectrum - One funky jazz track with breaks called Splat! - SpareJohnny Taylor - Who's Making Love - UBB track plus others.Stardust Soul Sensation - ST - Small pressing Dutch beat LP that gets funky in places - SpareSam Most & Joe Farrell - Flute Talk - Broovy latin jazz on samba to Remember you by. - SpareCSNY - Wooden Nickel live bootlegMystic Moods - Cosmic Force - Funky Moog track Cosmic Sea - SpareHarry Belafonte - Ballads Blues and Boasters - Big Boat up the River was a big spin for Snowboy way back - SpareCraig G - No idea of the tracks but I likes it!Sandy Nelson - Roll Over Beethoven - One of his funkier releases with Cisco Kid, Hocus Pocus etc - SpareSheila Collins - Smoky City jazzband - Looks like a private press of a band from Manchester, has great version of Coming Home Baby.The Second Coming - ST - Great funky jazz rock LP - SpareCheryl Ernst - Always Beginning - Great folk funk on She Moves Me - SpareRune Ofwerman - My Groovy friends - Swedish funky easy thing with boobies on cover!! - SpareLP'sLouis Armstrong & Friends - Amazing version of the Creator has a Master Plan with Leon Thomas. Not seen this issue before? - SpareGeorge Shearing - The way we Are - Only Shearing LP worth owning, versions of The World is a Ghetto, etc.45'sMatata - I Feel Funky - UK afro funk - SpareTNTH - Sabbath - French funky rockEgbert Douwe - Het Gerucht - Dutch version of Nino Ferrer's Mao mao - SpareJohnny Dankworth - Telfords Change - Funky flute theme tune to long forgotten tv show. - SpareThe Rattles - The Witch - Great euro pic sleeve to funky rock trackThe Kinks - Spanish EP - was listening on repeat to the track She;s got Eveything that Sie Cheeba put on a mix years ago then found the ep half an hour later!Off to Germany on Monday then Utrecht.Please feel free to ask any questions.

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    whats that dag dag ?
    never seen that.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Dag Dag is a Dutch comp which features the Hans Dulfer Afro track King Sized Davy.

I remember a dealer playing this record at a fair in Camden. I looked for it for the next five years approx. On my first visit to Demonfuzz about 5 years ago I realized why I had never seen a copy, they had about 50!

strange records show up in large numbers for no reason in Rotterdam. Dudes def know their shit. I need to go there more often.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    jef: coffee?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    jef: coffee?

Egbert Douwe - Het Gerucht - Dutch version of Nino Ferrer's Mao mao - Spare

A strange caffeine-based theme here?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    mark, you better bring some gifts for your splendid hosts in germany. antje LOVES records. she just told me that.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Don't forget you already owe me records!! lol

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

coffee ?

its BEER O clock

Jan, you better bring some gifts for your splendid hosts in AMSTERDAM. Alan LOVES records. he just told me that.