Shipping a single record....

RemedialRemedial 10 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Have any of you guys found a decent case or box for safely shipping a single record?I tried bagsunlimited.com but they don't appear to have anything of that nature.Suggestions?

Comments

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Use the same box for multiple records or make one out of two or more good pieces of cardboard. Hope it helps.

• Have any of you guys found a decent case or box for safely shipping a single record?

I tried bagsunlimited.com but they don't appear to have anything of that nature.

Suggestions?
    bags unlimited

isn't this what you're talking about?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You can make one fairly easily out of a single, 28" x 21" piece of cardboard. Personally, I use BrassPack.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've been getting a lot of "loose in mailer" single records lately and I'm consumed by terror while opening imaginging it being warped like a potato chip

As a seller I would hate to be buying those cardboard inserts (or a large spool of bubble wrap) as well... but I wouldn't send without some kind of padding however...

• RemedialRemedial 10 Posts
    You can make one fairly easily out of a single, 28" x 21" piece of cardboard. Personally, I use BrassPack.

Brasspack seems mad cool, but that $25 minimum order price is kind of absurd.

• Why would you even invest less than $25 to order mailers? You're better off going to your local record shop and sell the pieces you want to offload.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    take a 12 x 12 x 2 box (usually about a buck) and cut it in half (before assembling)... it leaves one side of each half connected. Slide the record between the top and bottom of one of the halves and then secure it with tape around the edges. The cardboard is sturdy as its a regular shipping box and its already bent (nobendityourselfaction)and there are no folds that come across the record so you don't have to worrk about it getting bent.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    anyone have any advice on other companies to deal with for record mailers.

i generally have ordered from bags unlimited. but a friend also mentioned solidviper's stuff and now i'm looking at brasspack.

any ideas in terms of costs, quality, etc.?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    comments please.

i need to place an order this afternoon.

• AP dropped some mailer-knowledge about a week ago, you could try a search

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Thank you.