recent 2PAC article and backlash

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-quad17mar17,0,4451053.storythe article strongly links diddy, biggie, and their bad boy cohorts to pac's shooting... and less directly to his murder. because of the author's refusal to name any sources, there's a lot of talk about him fabricating the story. some of the details of the first shooting, including this one below, were new to me -
Just after midnight, Shakur walked in with Walker and his manager, Fred Moore. He buzzed the studio upstairs to let them know he was on his way. The assailant posing as a security guard flipped nonchalantly through a newspaper.As the rapper and his crew walked toward the elevator, the two other assailants rushed in from outside and demanded that Shakur and the others turn over their jewelry. When Shakur refused, all three attackers began to pistol-whip him.The rapper surprised them by drawing his own weapon. Gunfire erupted, and Shakur accidentally shot himself in the groin. The assailants shot Shakur four times. He sustained injuries to the head, hand and thigh -- serious but not life-threatening.The men beat and kicked the rapper as he lay bleeding on the ground. Then, ripping a $40,000 gold medallion and chain from his neck, they escaped into the night.Moore, who was also wounded, gave chase and collapsed in the street.The FBI informant said the shots were audible in the 10th-floor studio. "Sabatino, Rosemond and Combs did not seem concerned about this," the informant told the FBI, though others in the studio "were very upset."Shakur managed to limp into the elevator and push the button for the 10th floor. Walker rode up with him.When the elevator doors opened, the rapper surveyed the assembled Bad Boy crowd.In a 2005 interview with Vibe magazine, in which he denied any role in the attack, Rosemond described how the injured Shakur accused him of being in on the ambush.Rosemond quoted the rapper as asking: "Why you let them know I'm coming here? You was the only [one] who knew, man. Why?"In a bizarre twist, Shakur, bleeding badly, sat on a couch and rolled a joint, witnesses said. Then he phoned his girlfriend, who contacted his mother, former Black Panther Afeni Shakur. Harrell called 911. Paramedics showed up minutes later. [/b]
la times blog has the author going into more details on the story behind the story and defending his credibility... and discussing 'the wire.'http://theguide.latimes.com/blogs/soundboard/2008/03/21/soundboard-interviews-chuck-philips/

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Paramedics showed up minutes later. [/b]

see now this is how i know this article is apocryphal

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Please no

let it go

• nessness 249 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Pac himself saying who set him up wasn't enough?

cite your source (no chem-trails though).

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Please no

let it go

You know the guy who faked the moon landing? He killed Tupac. And JFK. And, fuck it, Jimmy Hoffa.

Ummmm, Hit em Up.

Biggie remember when I use to let you sleep on the couch
    And beg the bitch to let you sleep in the house
    Now it's all about Versace
    You copied my style
    Five shots couldn't drop me
    I took it and smiled

yeah I guess I was thinking about his killing, not the shooting.

but no Pac claiming that Biggie did it proves nothing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Ummmm, Hit em Up.

Biggie remember when I use to let you sleep on the couch
    And beg the bitch to let you sleep in the house
    Now it's all about Versace
    You copied my style
    Five shots couldn't drop me
    I took it and smiled

"cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Wait, is this post ultimately just to encourage people to once again openly doubt Pac's skill/influence on the mic?

I feel it coming on like a cold sore...

PLAESE TO STOP BEFORE YOU START, SOULSTRUT.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I feel it coming on like a cold sore...

Herpes infection revealed!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't get whats supposed to be new about that account. A longer, more detailed version of that same sequence of events was in the Biggie bio that came out several years ago...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    damn. story was a hoax.
    this is from a pulitzer prize winning journalist too

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0325081sabatino1.html

• damn. story was a hoax.
    this is from a pulitzer prize winning journalist too

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0325081sabatino1.html