Houston record show?

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Any of you been to the Houston record show? I was thinking about heading down there this weekend to check it out.

Comments

• its ok i guess, sometimes you can come up on some good stuff other times i've walked outta there with nothing. to be honest though i havent been to the last 3 or 4,(they're here about once a month) so maybe its changed for better or worse.
    if you do go show up a little before 10 when it opens.
    i havent checked my mail this week so im not sure if i got my invite yet but it is usually at the hilton on the sw freeway which is about 2 minutes from my apt.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    alright thanks. i haven't ever checked one of them out before so I thought i'd go see if it was worth the trip. they do seem to have them fairly often. i think there are two before the next austin record convention.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I don't know who told you there was a show this weekend but you need to slap them because they are way off. The last show was like 2-3 weeks ago man. There is another one coming up in a little bit so if your interested in the next month or two.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I checked http://www.recordshowsofamerica.com/ and they have July 17th and Sept 18th listed for the next Houston shows. Well after I read your post I decided to call and find out when the next show is and they said as of right now it is Aug 14th.

Thanks for letting me know. I was || this close to driving to Houston this weekend to visit some friends and check out a show that wasn't happening at all. I would have been pissed.

The guy handling the table space booking for the show said he emailed the recordshowsofamercica site and was sorry to hear that they have not updated their page.

Oh well. Maybe in August then... I'm on their mail list now so I'll know when the next one is actually happening.

-billb

• last time i was there in 1998 someone cut a fart and the room had to be evacuated.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    last time i was there in 1998 someone cut a fart and the room had to be evacuated.

I hold them all in for at least a week prior to any record show. Its like tear gas for nerd riots.