Any rappers on Soulstrut?

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I was just wondering as I know there are some producer-types on here that rap, but are there any just plain ol' rappers on this joint?Am I the only one here that happens to collect records and doesn't make beats but got 16s for days?I know there was the one Soulstrut rap track that was posted here, but I don't know who did the raps on that. It was a'ight. I got that hot Dylan fire though.Soulstrut producers - do you give discounts on beats for Strutters? Sayin'... I got the #143rd highest rated mixtape on mp3.com - I kid, I kid. I've never done a "mixtape" and probably never will. I would like to rap over a Controller 7 beat though.Don't mind me. I'm bored. I really do rap though. I'm taking a break from writing at the moment.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    please no

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Man, I'll battle you.

ROFL Again, I kid. I'm just seeing if anyone will humor me. I'm bored, dammit!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i rap. i make all my beats too. some people like it. some don't. some respect it. some won't. that kind of rhymed. there was a thread about it.

http://www.myspace.com/nobsfingerprint

and here is the kid i make beats for too

http://www.myspace.com/dezfuckinmatic

he is better at the "rap" than i am

but all in all

fuck rap

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i use to rap, rap, rap...rap shit everyday

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Heh... I forgot you rhymed Nobs. I most associate your output to your excellent work on Behemoth, which stayed in heavy rotation when you guys released it.

I blogged about "Staring Problem" a couple years back. It was my anger summer joint. That blog is dead now, by the way.

Wasn't it Eibol that lived in Michigan for a bit? I know I have met members of the Fingerprint Records camp personally, but it's been a while.

This is me on MySpace:
    http://www.myspace.com/gambitthemc

I have a song about balding. Balding sucks, but it's damn funny.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    Whaddup Gam? How's winter treatin ya? We are all sick of the snow up here in TC...
    Peace
    Zeb

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Whaddup Gam? How's winter treatin ya? We are all sick of the snow up here in TC...
    Peace
    Zeb
    I got to get the fuck out of this grey ass state. I'm currently searching for jobs on the job websites and getting subscriptions to papers in North Carolina, Georgia and Texas.

Most of this winter, I have been participating in Lean 6 Sigma crap at work. It is only adding to the anguish that I deal with in this dismal state of ours. It makes for motivating behavior, but doesn't do well for a piece of mind.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I definitely rap.

I definitely rap 'bout nuffin'.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    It depends on what's going on in my world. Usually i rap about funny stuff, but yes I do often rap about nothing. Nihilist for life son doobie!

b/w

Bruce Wayne texted me and asked me to tell you to quit beating off in the bat cave (yes he know it is you, he is a detective).

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    I quietly shit on all of real rap.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I quietly shit on all of real rap.

At least get the context right Rick Moranis. But yes, I certainly do shit on any dudes that try and represent 'real rap'.

Wasn't it Eibol that lived in Michigan for a bit? I know I have met members of the Fingerprint Records camp personally, but it's been a while.

Losaka and Hippo live in Ann Arbor. Eibol never did. they have this group called The Figuers. it is mostly instrumental stuff. they do shows around there occasionally but most are living the real life...careers. taxes. dinner time.

glad you liked Behemoth man

2 is coming soon!

Bruce Wayne texted me and asked me to tell you to quit beating off in the bat cave (yes he know it is you, he is a detective).

Haha,,,

He's got video streams of you tuckin your dick between your legs while u prance in the mirror like that dude in Silence of the Lambs.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Haha,,,

He's got video streams of you tuckin your dick between your legs while u prance in the mirror like that dude in Silence of the Lambs.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yo son you ain't see me getting busy on yuichi "pause"
    Outbreak in the typerspace my keystyle was the cause
    Me and Terry Clizzo hit up gaylords in the Chizzo
    Then he rob me at McDonalds with James Brown holding the pistol
    Sween dog got a longsicle but me I just got a push pop
    But if I catch you around my way looking sideways you will get dropped
    Slanging these records sunrise until the blue cheese up
    Looking up and down the block where the fuck is my re-up

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Losaka and Hippo live in Ann Arbor. Eibol never did. they have this group called The Figuers. it is mostly instrumental stuff. they do shows around there occasionally but most are living the real life...careers. taxes. dinner time.

glad you liked Behemoth man

2 is coming soon!
    Right on man. Yeah, I know I've done a show with Eibol, but I wasn't sure if he came from out of town or not. Yeah, it's coming back to me now. I've met Hippo and Losaka. I think they popped up around here the same time that Code of the Cutz opened up in Lansing. I think the show I did with Eibol was through Code of the Cutz.

Right on, I look forward to checking the new stuff out. I definitely feel Dez on the raps. He's got a great voice for what he does.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    i used to rap, i decided to retire. Does that count?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Well, did you actually retire [from making records]? Or did you just quit a hobby?

If the former, do you feel good about retiring so young?

Well, did you actually retire [from making records]? Or did you just quit a hobby?

Yes, i fell out of love with it & the whole business side is crazy.
    Producers that forget what sample they used so you have to hunt shit down yourself, Producers that were too high to understand that the mixing had to be on point, finding a good engineer at a respectable studio...I just got tired of all the BS.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Yes, i fell out of love with it & the whole business side is crazy.
    Producers that forget what sample they used so you have to hunt shit down yourself, Producers that were too high to understand that the mixing had to be on point, finding a good engineer at a respectable studio...I just got tired of all the BS.

Okay, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I'm just going to build my own studio though. I got a buddy that's excellent with the mixing and he'll take care of that. I think I'll learn how to make a beat too, at least make friends with folks that play music. I mean, I got better records than most producers I know anyway.

Where can I check some of your records though?

• I Produce, but I usually rap over those productions. myspace.com/funkybold there are a couple samples of tracks from my current project.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    You thinking about moving to Texas gambit? i think the first show we did in Lansing was a show with you and Eibol at Mac's Bar...maybe 360 and Sign One too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I produce and MC. I've sort of gotten fed up with unfocused, bullshittin' MCs, so I've decided to do the shit myself. I've been rappin' for decades anyway (in addition to making beats), so I should've done it on my own a long time ago. I'll start working on my CD later this year.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    You thinking about moving to Texas gambit? i think the first show we did in Lansing was a show with you and Eibol at Mac's Bar...maybe 360 and Sign One too.

You know Sign? And 360?

• still rhyming. still love rocking shows more than just about anything else in life. my first post ever on the strut was an attempt at getting feedback on my (then) finally completed first hip hop album. I now understand why I got maybe like 2 comments. Post count: 1 = no love.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    You thinking about moving to Texas gambit?
    I'm thinking I'd rather move to Georgia or North Carolina, as I would have more family in close proximity. It's a matter of what the opportunity is that I land [job-wise] though.
    I know Texas is the new "go-to" place in terms of economic growth, so it's on my radar. My younger brother is planning to move out there to run an after-school program hub in Texas that my cousin started and is getting off the ground. We'll see... we may be neighbors!

Hey,

I produce and MC. I've sort of gotten fed up with unfocused, bullshittin' MCs, so I've decided to do the shit myself. I've been rappin' for decades anyway (in addition to making beats), so I should've done it on my own a long time ago. I'll start working on my CD later this year.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Best wishes on all that, man. Word to the unfocused bullshitters that call themselves "eMCees" ... and "producers," for that matter. Story of my life, for real.

My good homey and show DJ just told me that he just realized that there is hope for me yet if Lupe Fiasco can have a hit with his "busy bartender raps." I've been laughing about that all day. I gotta admit... he's got a point.

What up Thes! Sayin' though... when are we gonna do a joint, homey?!

not to get on some bullshit one other reason I really gave up that rap shit was the degree of violence.

One night a friend of mine did some work for a few up & coming rappers.
    long story short, he offered to mix some shit down but for a small fee.
    I'm in the studio recording, and a few dudes show up asking about their tracks which they refuse to pay for. Some words are exchanged, some threats and the truth coming out that they were planning a robbery of the studio which was in my homies house. Me being the knuckle head at the time, wanted drama and gun play.
    Cops are called, some arrest and searches go down. After that I looked at the music business, music industry people and my life and said "This is no longer fun".