Roc Raers ?

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Just found a minty copy of ROC 001 from 1994 in my Expedit. With the hand-painted Roc-a-fella logo and a super cheap looking champagne bottle that has Jay-Z written on it. All in black and white and with Dame Dash's phone number on it.Is this going for money?

Comments

• What song is it?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    In My Lifetime b/w I Can't Get Wid Dat

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

First Roc release, distributed by Payday I think. 1996, right? Should be worth some coin... don't know if hip-hop 12" are going "like that" though except for really weird indie shit (unfortunately though.)

• This seems like something to hold on to for a while longer.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    This seems like something to hold on to for a while longer.

hold on.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

First Roc release, distributed by Payday I think. 1996, right? Should be worth some coin... don't know if hip-hop 12" are going "like that" though except for really weird indie shit (unfortunately though.)

Nope 1994. The Payday 12" was 1995and had a Big Jaz remix on it. I have that one too.

I'm not looking for selling them. I just had totally forgotten about it. The ROC 001 looks totally indie with it's shitty layout and chaep black and white printing. The beat is still boom-bap but Jigga was already boasting about making a whole lotta stash in his lifetime.

I like that song much more than a lot of indie 12"s that came out around that time and i doubt that they pressed up a whole lot. But raerness (= high prices) often goes with weirdness I guess. I can see me still enjoying that record in 5 years but I surley don't want to listen to my Company Flow records ever again. But I didn't really listen to them when I bought them To be honest. I was just buying it for the hype and expected to get used to that sound. But it never happened .

• I've seen the non-Payday joint go for like 30-50 bux.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Yeah, goes for at least $30. The b-side was only on that 12". Harder to find than most people realise...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i could use a copy...