HAPPY BELATED ASS BIRTHDAY, DJ DAY!!!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
HoLmes let his birthday slide under the radar like the humble gentleman he is. He sent me a pic text of a fatasstic gift he received tonight and when I pressed for specifics he admitted that he was on the tail end of his birthday (Tuesday 3/18). Day is the goddamn epitome of sexy excellence. A facemeltingly talented musician, an awe-inspiring DJ, a rad Dad, a vigorously macho two-fisted lover (or so King Moist says) and most importantly, A GENUINE GOOD DUDE. Good people are all that really matter to me these days, and I'm grateful to have crossed dude's path both online and in the real-world.Some of you may not know this, but a while back (4 years ago, was it?) when SoulStrut was only about a year or two old, Day posted a flier for his birthday bash in Palm Springs. DJ Daze - who I had never met in person - and I decided we should posse up and bumrush the show. Together we rounded up 8 or 9 SoulStrutters from Cali and AZ (Karlito, Egbert Souse, DJ Anna, Asprin, Jewbacca, EdPowers, Mylatency, Cas...who am I forgetting?) and met up in Palm Springs. We all mobbed deep into this little bar and Day looked at us like "Who in the hell are these people and why are they at my party?!" THE WHOLE MOTHERF*CKING INTERNET WAS IN. THE. HOUSE. We all put some faces to usernames and I made some true blue real-world friends that day. This is one of the main reasons that I will NEVER EVER leave SoulStrut. Sh*t is just too real. ('Member when Raj hosted a party at his mansion and invited any and all 'Strutters? This place was born out of love, kindness & generosity like that.)Anyways...D*mien, I wish you the best of days and I celebrate your life, my friend. Thank you for being you. Happy birthday.

Comments

• damn. I feel like a buster for not knowing it was dudes birthday. This dude isn't like family, HE IS FAMILY. Ever since I "met" dude back 1996(?) he was official as you can get (AOL HIP HOP CHAT ROOM STATUS!). He's as always kept it true to himself and what he's about. Whether it's his music, family, or just everyday things it's always honest and positive.

AND THE MUH FUCKA IS DOPE!

thank you for being you

• Happy Birthday D-$!!!!

I might have to roll through PS in late May, I'll be in the LArea with a cheap rental son...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I wish you the best of days[/b]

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Happy Birthday DJ Day!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    HoLmes let his birthday slide under the radar like the humble gentleman he is. He sent me a pic text of a fatasstic gift he received tonight and when I pressed for specifics he admitted that he was on the tail end of his birthday (Tuesday 3/18).

Day is the goddamn epitome of sexy excellence. A facemeltingly talented musician, an awe-inspiring DJ, a rad Dad, a vigorously macho two-fisted lover (or so King Moist says) and most importantly, A GENUINE GOOD DUDE. Good people are all that really matter to me these days, and I'm grateful to have crossed dude's path both online and in the real-world.

Some of you may not know this, but a while back (4 years ago, was it?) when SoulStrut was only about a year or two old, Day posted a flier for his birthday bash in Palm Springs. DJ Daze - who I had never met in person - and I decided we should posse up and bumrush the show. Together we rounded up 8 or 9 SoulStrutters from Cali and AZ (Karlito, Egbert Souse, DJ Anna, Asprin, Jewbacca, EdPowers, Mylatency, Cas...who am I forgetting?) and met up in Palm Springs. We all mobbed deep into this little bar and Day looked at us like "Who in the hell are these people and why are they at my party?!" THE WHOLE MOTHERF*CKING INTERNET WAS IN. THE. HOUSE. We all put some faces to usernames and I made some true blue real-world friends that day. This is one of the main reasons that I will NEVER EVER leave SoulStrut. Sh*t is just too real. ('Member when Raj hosted a party at his mansion and invited any and all 'Strutters? This place was born out of love, kindness & generosity like that.)

Anyways...D*mien, I wish you the best of days and I celebrate your life, my friend. Thank you for being you. Happy birthday.

man....everything He said.

Me and Day got a cool history and I'm super glad I'm friends with dude.

Bum rushing his bday party is one of the best experiences ever, that shit was funny. I think the only people Herm is forgetting are FunkyExample, Mylatency and Electrode? I know we had Marco there on the phone, and someone got their shirt dirty at Cold Stone, and we found a license plate that said Faux and took a picture of it.

I gotta look for my pics of that night, funny shit. Wait didnt' Adrian go too? bleh my memory is horrible. I think he did though, maybe not.

Anyways Happy Belated dude, all I can do is echo Hermies sentiment and celebrate YOU and wish you the absolute best ...without sounding as gay as him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Happy belated, Day! You are truly a world-class talent and human being.

May you stay blessed!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Happy belated, Day! You are truly a world-class talent and human being.

May you stay blessed!

an inspiration and a frinedly ass dj creative force biten but never duplicated

happy b-day Day

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Happy Birf...................DAY!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Happy Birf...................DAY!

HELLS YEAH!

• happy birthday, day!!!!!

you were truly missed at sxsw.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    happy belated birthday day!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Happy "ass birthday"!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    happy belated, homie. it's been good knowing you all these years. you're truly an inspiration.

• This begs the question, if it's your ass' birthday, are you guys the same age? just kidding man, happy birthday and we'll see you on Friday playboy!!!

YOU ARE THE DUDE!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    happy birthday Day.

as herm said, a genuine good dude.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Happy birthday homie... you'll always be that dude!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    [color:orange] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]
    [color:red] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]
    [color:yellow] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]
    [color:orange] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]
    [color:red] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]
    [color:yellow] HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/b] [/color]

Have a wonderful year!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Happy Birthday Day. It was a pleasure to break bread with you that one night.

Hope you had a great one!

• Happy BornDay Day!

• Dinner in our kitchen any time, Homie. You already know.

Happy Belated.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Happy Birthday to a real head who knows the deal.

peace

h

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Happy Birthday dude!

Was checking out that "Four Hills" track yesterday. Dope ass shit.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Together we rounded up 8 or 9 SoulStrutters from Cali and AZ (Karlito, Egbert Souse, DJ Anna, Asprin, Jewbacca, EdPowers, Mylatency, Cas...who am I forgetting?) and met up in Palm Springs. We all mobbed deep into this little bar and Day looked at us like "Who in the hell are these people and why are they at my party?!" THE WHOLE MOTHERF*CKING INTERNET WAS IN.

and i say we all do another palm springs road trip sometime this summer and make a weekend out of it.

happy belated ass day, day! you're true blue holmes with a cherry on top.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    and i say we all do another palm springs road trip sometime this summer and make a weekend out of it.

IN!!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Happy happy happy birthday!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You guys are always welcome over here. Man, I was telling Herm I felt like Molly Ringwald yesterday (pasue?)

You dudes (and dudettes) are the real deal and even though this place has changed over the years, the friends I've made and the community we've created make it impossible for me to leave. Thanks everyone.

Btw, the gift Herm was talking about is something I've been waiting years for (NSFW)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm kind of boycotting these threads because there's just too damn many of them, but I guess I have to make an exception for one of the board's true big dudes.

Hapy birthday, man!

• [color:green]Have a wonderful year! [/color]

G'yeah! Here's to 365 Days (sic) of inspiration.... bring on the album!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm kind of boycotting these threads because there's just too damn many of them

^^^^ MAD THAT YOUNGCREAM DIDN'T POAST IN HIS BIRTHDAY THREAD.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

(who's got photoshop?)