Wu Tang Manual

ElexElex 22 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
So, while it's hardly the greatest read of all time, and most of it could be drawn on and understood from the source material, I applaud Zig-Zag-Zig-Allah for taking the time out to do this joint. I mean, it's one thing to market the whole Wu enterprise, but to commit your theories/philosiphies to paper is pretty brave. Submitting your whole perspective on life to the world for scrutiny is not the easiest thing in the world. Not to mention that, while most of the Wu mentality is deeply engrained in the minds of a whole generation (Soulstrut anyone!), there is that part of the population who's yet to encounter the many of principles the Wu embodies. This book may ultimately reach out to an entire generation of younger heads, who weren't effected by the Wu rennesaince in the same way I was. I didn't realize this until a younger homie was glancing through my copy yesterday. When he stumbled on the Mathmatics, and Wu Tang Numeroulogy, he was blown away ("That's the hardest shit ever, cuz! It's like, it all comes together, you know! Damn, that shit is sick..."Ha ha,choke,blunt smoke). That left me with a big smile and a realization that, hey this book, while it was meant for heads like me, is likely goingt to have a bigger impact on the youth who are approaching it like it's brand new. Wu.