Prison vs. Iraq

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Came up on another site and I am intrigued as to how strutters would answer this one...You're convicted of a crime and offered either two years in State Prison or two years in the Army with a good chance you'll be deployed to Iraq.Which one are you picking??

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Came up on another site and I am intrigued as to how strutters would answer this one...

You're convicted of a crime and offered either two years in State Prison or two years in the Army with a good chance you'll be deployed to Iraq.

Which one are you picking??

You've been watching Sniper 2 with Bokeem Woodbine...

Plot summary for
    Sniper 2 (2002) (TV)

A former Marine sniper is lured back in on a top-secret mission to take out a Serbian general who is committing atrocities on the Muslim population. His partner in this mission is a death-row convict who has been given the chance to earn his freedom.[/b]

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Came up on another site and I am intrigued as to how strutters would answer this one...

You're convicted of a crime and offered either two years in State Prison or two years in the Army with a good chance you'll be deployed to Iraq.

Which one are you picking??

You've been watching Sniper 2 with Bokeem Woodbine...

Nah...never heard of it.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    iraq...because then you're paid tax free dollars and you get hazardous duty pay. plus if you have a family, dislocation allowance.

you might need that money you save too when you get back to pay for lawyer fees on your divorce though hahahaha

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Iraq

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Iraq

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Typical Hollywood view of Iraq as a prison sentence. I would think that a majority of the ALL VOLUNTEER armed forces view their service as an honor.

Except those traitors the New York Times is always trying to parade around.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Typical Hollywood view of Iraq as a prison sentence. I would think that a majority of the ALL VOLUNTEER armed forces view their service as an honor.

Joining the Armed Forces is indeed sometimes offered as an alternative to prison... real life shit, not Hollywood BS.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Typical realistic view of Iraq as potentially being a death[/b] sentence.

But yeah, I'm taking my chances Iraq.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,109 Posts
    It's also the plot for The Dirty Dozen. Although the war against the Nazis and the "war" against Iraqi insurgents are in no way similar...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Joining the Armed Forces is indeed sometimes offered as an alternative to prison... real life shit, not Hollywood BS.

Five years ago a felony conviction would have meant you were unfit to serve. Today they may be hard up enough to even take someone as amoral as Saba.

• Iraq definitely, could do a lot of good although I wouldn't fire a bullet at anyone......