THE OFFICIAL 2008 MLB TRASH TALK ARENA

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
What say you, hardball fans? I know it's a couple of weeks away, but opening day can't come fast enough. So many questions this year...Will the season-opening trip to Japan lead the Red Sox to an April to forget?Are the Tigers the team to beat in the AL Central with the addition of Willis?Are the Mets the prohibitive favorite in the NL with the addition of Santana? Will this be the year the Blue Jays break out?Will the Yankees' young arms and dismissal of Torre propel them back to the stratosphere?[/b]And as a refresher, rep your team. I ride for the Red Sox. But you knew that.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Ahhhhhhhhh spring.
    I love this time of year. I can't wait to hear Remy's voice comin out my tv.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Are the Mets the prohibitive favorite in the NL with the addition of Santana?

Yes.

And you know who I ride for. Defending Champs, baby. GO SOX GO.

I try not to watch baseball until at least May, though.

The Celtics might even make it possible to ignore the Sox until June!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DODGER BLUE BITCH.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Posting cricket graemlin only 5 minutes from thread start?
    STRIKE ONE![/b]

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Are the Mets the prohibitive favorite in the NL with the addition of Santana?

Yes.

And you know who I ride for. Defending Champs, baby. GO SOX GO.

I try not to watch baseball until at least May, though.

The Celtics might even make it possible to ignore the Sox until June!

I'll be enjoying both.
    I'm going to all 3 Sox - Dodgers games here in LA.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As a Texas Ranger fan trash talk is my language....our team is straight trash.

Our big hopes for this year are an ex-Crackhead, a relief pitcher who has already called all his team mates douchbags, and a starting rotation filled with #5 starters.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Coulda/Shoulda been one of the GOAT.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Is that J.R. Richardson?

Is that J.R. Richards?

Indeed

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Posting cricket graemlin only 5 minutes from thread start?
    STRIKE ONE![/b]

baseball in march, especially this march is

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Well you know it's kinda hard for me to talk about my team being the Astros with all the random guns for higher and steroids. Figured I'd remember happier days like JR Richardson.

But don't be fooled. I bleed Astros rainbow and I still have high expectations for them this season.

Is that J.R. Richards?

Indeed

Ah, yes. I remember him from a late-70s baseball card I had as a kid. I think it was a strikeout leaders card.

I just looked it up???313 strikeouts in 1979. Ridiculous. Then he had a stroke the next year at 30 years old.

• Yankees/Red Sox - 4/17th.

I'm so excited.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I ride for the Red Sox. But you knew that.

I was at my cousin's bachelor party in Vegas this weekend with 20 dudes from Boston and my old accent creeped out a bit. It was wicked awesome.

I ride for the Red Sox. But you knew that.

I was at my cousin's bachelor party in Vegas this weekend with 20 dudes from Boston and my old accent creeped out a bit. It was wicked awesome.

Dude, that's pissa! I lost a lot of my accent at college, but it comes out when I get drunk.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Yankees/Red Sox - 4/17th.

I'm so excited.

By then, the Sox might be gassed already. Their first seven series:

v. Oakland in Japan
    v. Oakland in Oakland
    v. Toronto in Toronto
    v. Detroit at home
    v. New York at home
    v. Cleveland in Cleveland
    v. New York in New York

All four AL playoff teams from last year, plus Detroit and Oakland. Talk about getting tested early...

• Is that J.R. Richards?

Indeed

Ah, yes. I remember him from a late-70s baseball card I had as a kid. I think it was a strikeout leaders card.

I just looked it up???313 strikeouts in 1979. Ridiculous. Then he had a stroke the next year at 30 years old.

What yall know about Pete Vuckavich(sp?). Some era, throwing heat related!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    God I missed baseball. Watched 2 preseason games on TV this weekend and it was eating a good meal after being hungry for a long time. Sadly, what I saw from my Giants did not really fill me with trash talk, but at least we won't be taking shit for Barry anymore.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

God I missed baseball. Watched 2 preseason games on TV this weekend and it was eating a good meal after being hungry for a long time. Sadly, what I saw from my Giants did not really fill me with trash talk, but at least we won't be taking shit for Barry anymore.

You do have probably the best young pitching prospect in the NL...so it's not all bad.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

You do have probably the best young pitching prospect in the NL...so it's not all bad.

It's true, there are a couple of bright spots, but there's still too many fogies crapping up the lineup. Bonds is gone, it's time to rebuild!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    DODGER BLUE BITCH.

San Diego Padres reporting in. Sorry, Dodgers will once again finish behind SD this year.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I'm a Marlins fan, so this year is all about watching the bevy of young arms + Hermida/Maybin/Ramirez mature and potentially play spoiler again. 2009/2010 should be when the team can make another playoff run in the 2003 team mold (built on pitching & defense).

It's just a huge relief to know that the stadium was approved and the team will exist for decades to come, as well as ramp up to a respectable middle-of-the-pack salary within the next couple of years. And Conine, a.k.a Mr. Marlin, signing a one-day contract to retire a Marlin is a nice touch.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    in mourning black

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I'm feeling pretty good about the Yankees this year:

1) lots of young arms on the pitching staff
    2) Girardi's got the team putting in major work on fundamentals this spring
    3) They ditched their strength coach last May, so half the team won't be on the DL on Opening Day with hamstring pulls
    4) Last year of the OG House that Ruth Built:

I'm feeling pretty good about the Yankees this year:

1) lots of young arms on the pitching staff
    2) Girardi's got the team putting in major work on fundamentals this spring
    3) They ditched their strength coach last May, so half the team won't be on the DL on Opening Day with hamstring pulls
    4) Last year of the OG House that Ruth Built:

My Fantasy Draft is tomorrow night..

Joba = Starter or Middle Relief??