On the House Tip............

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Here's a Hip House jawn I did back in 89' for the New Music Seminar. It was never comercially released. Time to share it with the world...........enjoy.2 Soul O - "House Tip"

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    why have I heard that?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    cuz it's got parts of Can yOu party by Royal House...same track used by Jungle Bros.
    This is nice man, feels like it would fit ral nicely with my Tyree , KC Flight and Twin Hype ish....

forgot about Doug Lazy...

cuz it's got parts of Can yOu party by Royal House...same track used by Jungle Bros.
    This is nice man, feels like it would fit ral nicely with my Tyree , KC Flight and Twin Hype ish....

man I KNOW that song...I mean I've heard this one, duh.

forgot about Doug Lazy...

and Fast Eddie and White Knight and Mr. Lee and Cookie Crew and M Doc and ......

aight, it's just that he said he hadn't released it so that didn't seem like a possibility... anyways the track is nice and probably would have made some noise back then...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The MC Hammer hologram is so fitting with this beat. Sounds decent, can I get an instrumental. I love hip-house jams, but I can't hang with the rhymes anymore -- contradictory, I know, but for the most part they sound so damn dated but the beats are still good.

• would fit ral nicely with my Tyree , KC Flight and Twin Hype ish....

YES! Dee, shit is really nice. how come this never came out before?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    , house getting some love on the Strut?

This is great, I could see some peeps getting dirty to this! HAHA!!

"i got something here for your mind your body and your soul.."also by C???HANTAL- The realm??

and this for fun!I would have ripped it, but im too lazy to go look for it:
    First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (1980)[/b]

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Back when all the HHottie's had nice Bodies. Was this sleeping in your DAT collection?

Yeah, I personally spin mostly Classic House and Paradise Garage type music...
    Although I have been getting into the newer like some of those Defected comps ...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    why have I heard that?

This track was never really "released" but it was the first track on the official New Music Seminar CD that was handed out at I think the 89 or 90 seminar? Dee Rock will need to confirm the year. D told me they pressed up 2,000 of the CDs.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    upload that south horton beatdown song and the sudden impact loc!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    upload that south horton beatdown song and the sudden impact loc!

I'm gonna digitize that South Horton beatdown track as soon as I can locate it! So I can show everyone yet once again how I was the first to use a damn sample! Lol..... The story of my life. Anyway, I was mad young when I did that hip house joint. I honestly didn't even know what I was doing. I was 19 years old and that was the type of stuff that was out at the time. So I made the song with my partner from Incredicrew and he did the vocals and he wasn't even a rapper we just didn't know of any so he did it because I didn't want to! I mean I definatly was not a rapper. Either was he but we just did it. I played it for a local dj here in Seattle "Shockmaster" Glen Boyd and he told me it was hot and we could get a record deal no problem. He suggested we go with a demo to the new Music Seminar in NYC. Well they had this promo cd that they did and I sent the track in and we got accepted. So there was indeed 2000 copies of that song on a promo only cd that came out in 90 I believe. That was that. We never got a deal because I was not activly shopping it and didn't even know how at that point or what the next move was. I have another track we did pretty close after that, where I used the substitution break b4 any one else. I will find it and put up a link when I do. Also, very dope for the time period yet nothing came out of it. Actually we did get a "deal" at that point with a label called ever rap that released the Chilly Uptown Lp. However, after recording two albums they dropped us and never released anything. I remember we got a $2500.00 advance and I was ecstatic! Lol...

Here is a video of Shockmaster and nasty Nes from that era