Obama's Pastor

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Ruh oh. This shit that's popping up all over youtube can't be good.

Comments

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    of course Fox News is all over this
    the only major news site with it as the main story on their front page

I'm starting to worry that as this viscious primary battle continues, it only helps McCain.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    also popping all over talk radio

pretty bad scene, the guy is a little too angry and obama is a little too close

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    of course Fox News is all over this
    the only major news site with it as the main story on their front page
    CNN is running it too...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/14/obama-minister-under-scrutiny/

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/03/14/raw.politics.obama.preacher.cnn

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fuck this shit.

• seriously, what's up with youtube comments?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "...it just hit me the other day why some people hate on Obama: because he's not white and rich!"

gee whiz this is some real genius schitt dude is dropping.

That's the race folks. Thanks for playing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    That's the race card folks. Thanks for playing.

ha!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How long before his pastor gets accused of being Muslim?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    seriously, what's up with youtube comments?

Are they really any worse than what Preacher man is spouting??

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I respect this dude's right to freedom of speech, and acknowledge that Fox "News" is reactionary right-wing propaganda bullshit, but this dude has to realize how a rant like this could hurt Obama...

Wonder how long Fox News has been camped out in the front pew waiting for dude to slip up..

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    his 'rant' is hella old and the obama campaign has known about it and its manufactured news

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I respect this dude's right to freedom of speech, and acknowledge that Fox "News" is reactionary right-wing propaganda bullshit, but this dude has to realize how a rant like this could hurt Obama...

Wonder how long Fox News has been camped out in the front pew waiting for dude to slip up..

musta been camped out with a time machine cause that rant was from christmas day

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

musta been camped out with a time machine cause that rant was from christmas day

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    seriously, what's up with youtube comments?

Here we go...

Comments & Responses
    Madmar25 (3 minutes ago):
    Obama is a racist and so are you.[/b]

saxomous (11 minutes ago):
    I was an Obama supporter until this morning when I saw all of this.
    I will not vote for a man whose pastor for 20 years, who married him, and baptized his kids acts like this.
    Who knows what Obama has in the back of his mind, and how much anti-american hatred the Obamas have.
    I was ready for change, I had hope...
    and now its all gone because Barack Obama is no better than Clinton.
    SHAME ON YOU OBAMA
    God Damn America
    How bout God Damn you asshole.[/b]

Veltanschaung (17 minutes ago):
    Don't tell us this is the Church in which Barack an Michelle got married in?! He got title 'Audacity of Hope' from this "priest of Hate"! Incredible! This "hatemonger Priest" is the OBAMAS' SPIRITUAL ADVISOR?!!!!! [/b]

and on and on...

Fuck.

• seriously, what's up with youtube comments?

Here we go...

Comments & Responses
    Madmar25 (3 minutes ago):
    Obama is a racist and so are you.[/b]

Madmar25 (4 minutes ago):
    How can blacks have the gall to whine about supposive "racism" towards them when you see them supporting lunatics like this.

Blacks don't want peace and fairness, more like hostile take over. What this nut is saying is grounds for war.[/b]

saxomous (11 minutes ago):
    I was an Obama supporter until this morning when I saw all of this.
    I will not vote for a man whose pastor for 20 years, who married him, and baptized his kids acts like this.
    Who knows what Obama has in the back of his mind, and how much anti-american hatred the Obamas have.
    I was ready for change, I had hope...
    and now its all gone because Barack Obama is no better than Clinton.
    SHAME ON YOU OBAMA
    God Damn America
    How bout God Damn you asshole.[/b]

Veltanschaung (17 minutes ago):
    Don't tell us this is the Church in which Barack an Michelle got married in?! He got title 'Audacity of Hope' from this "priest of Hate"! Incredible! This "hatemonger Priest" is the OBAMAS' SPIRITUAL ADVISOR?!!!!! [/b]

and on and on...

Fuck.

Hmmmm...can someone please compile a list of insane things said/done by "religious leaders" backing McCain and any other Republican candidate of the last 30 years???

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yup, and don't forget

ajrep (41 minutes ago)
    The blacks in this country need to shut the hell up and get back to work before NO ONE likes your sorry, whining, lazy ass. Racism in America as we knoiw it is mainly coming from the blacks!! Get over it. No one owes you anything you hate mongers.
    Bombeni (47 minutes ago)
    Well, Obama you are going down. It's official. You played plenty of American dupes but I had your racist muslim anti-American ass pegged from day one. Yeah that's right.

And yet....

Um, yeah, they are...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    That's the race folks. Thanks for playing.

i don't get your pessimism. what is the basis? i'm a former hillary supporter, and i'd still bet my house (if i owned one) that obama takes the primary (he already has) and the election almost as easily.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Another example of throwing things against the wall to see if they stick, and unfortunately, this one might.

Bullseye. It taps directly into fear...and guilt.

White folks in this country aren't really ready for change unless is means not having to deal with the injustices and frustrations felt by Black folks for over 300 years.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yup, and don't forget

ajrep (41 minutes ago)
    The blacks in this country need to shut the hell up and get back to work before NO ONE likes your sorry, whining, lazy ass. Racism in America as we knoiw it is mainly coming from the blacks!! Get over it. No one owes you anything you hate mongers.
    Bombeni (47 minutes ago)
    Well, Obama you are going down. It's official. You played plenty of American dupes but I had your racist muslim anti-American ass pegged from day one. Yeah that's right.

And yet....

Um, yeah, they are...

yeah, I took the racist shit out of my quote because it's unnecessary and they're all over youtube in general.

I think dropping this story was strategic and could do some serious harm to his campaign.

• That's the race folks. Thanks for playing.

i don't get your pessimism. what is the basis? i'm a former hillary supporter, and i'd still bet my house (if i owned one) that obama takes the primary (he already has) and the election almost as easily.

I agree. I think that his candidacy is going to bring the hardcore wingnuts out in force, but in the end they'll be left taking unused confetti out to the dumpster behind McCain headquarters.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Another example of throwing things against the wall to see if they stick, and this one might.

It taps directly into fear...and guilt.

White folks in this country aren't really ready for change unless is means not having to deal with the injustices and frustrations felt by Black folks for over 300 years.

Exactly. It's not like what the he's saying is crazy, but it's not the smartest thing if he wants to help Obama. Average white HEADZ AINT READY.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I'm starting to worry that as this viscious primary battle continues, it only helps McCain.

so your saying that Hillary's campaign is behind this? abc news ran the story. they are as right wing as it gets. abc's sirius talk station is all limbaugh type shows.

Mccain's people also wrote an op-ed in the wall street journal about it.

comeon. hillary has taken enough hits this week for what other people have said.

• I'm starting to worry that as this viscious primary battle continues, it only helps McCain.

so your saying that Hillary's campaign is behind this? abc news ran the story. they are as right wing as it gets. abc's sirius talk station is all limbaugh type shows.

This is one thing that really doesn't have her fingerprints on it. It's being pushed hard by the hard, hard, HARD right types.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Who are you, and what have you done with KVH?

Nah, I'm inclined to agree, McCain's people are already down playing it. They do not want religious leaders comments to become the focus. I think a lot of people susceptible to this kind of thing were probably never gonna vote for Obama anyway, although it'll be interesting to see if this effects his support among independents and moderate republicans.

Unfortunately, I think its impact will ultimately be determined by how long the media rides it for. If KVH is right, and he does make it through the primaries, just be glad this came out now....

I hope you guys are right. I just see the Sensitive White Man as being very important to Obama's chances, and the Sensitive White Man ain't trying to hear this schitt.

Not that I don't agree with what this man says 1000%...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    it would be in the right's best interest if hillary pulls an upset

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I hope you guys are right. I just see the Sensitive White Man as being very important to Obama's chances, and the Sensitive White Man ain't trying to hear this schitt.

Not that I don't agree with what this man says 1000%...

I think this is a lot for Hilary/Obama fence-riders to swallow and that's because they probably can't identify (at all) with what Wright said in his sermons (however few or many that is).

Other cultures who have had to walk the road of the Black Experience here would be saying "God Damn America," too. There should be no debate about that.