common artists out in the field with uncommonly...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
..good recordsJoe Simon "Ive Got a whole lot of lovin"(sound stage seven)Joe Tex "Dont Play"(Checker)

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    common does NOT equal bad...i could name fifteen more good records by either simon or tex

• common does NOT equal bad...i could name fifteen more good records by either simon or tex

Yeah, I'm not sure I get the point of this thread, because - in an odd twist of fate - many artists records are common because they're very good...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    common does NOT equal bad...i could name fifteen more good records by either simon or tex

Yeah, I'm not sure I get the point of this thread, because - in an odd twist of fate - many artists records are common because they're very good...and sold a lot of copies back in the day[/b]

• common does NOT equal bad...i could name fifteen more good records by either simon or tex

Yeah, I'm not sure I get the point of this thread, because - in an odd twist of fate - many artists records are common because they're very good...and sold a lot of copies back in the day[/b]

egg-zack-a-lee...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I wasnt implying common equals bad...I dont know where you got that from..my point is an artist you see a crap ton(or at least I do)of records by when you dig(I dont think anyone would argue that the two Joes' records are scarce) but you kind of overlook them because not many soul fans take notcie of the 500th copy of "I gotcha" they are flipping past, thus some really really good gems go flipped past because of the familiarity of that artist's records...I just happen to think the two records I posted are really top shelf..in fact I dont think I have ever heard Joe Tex sound rougher...a gem IMO, uncommonly good

• I wasnt implying common equals bad...I dont know where you got that from..my point is an artist you see a crap ton(or at least I do)of records by when you dig(I dont think anyone would argue that the two Joes' records are scarce) but you kind of overlook them because not many soul fans take notcie of the 500th copy of "I gotcha" they are flipping past, thus some really really good gems go flipped past because of the familiarity of that artist's records...I just happen to think the two records I posted are really top shelf..in fact I dont think I have ever heard Joe Tex sound rougher...a gem IMO, uncommonly good

Ahhhh...I know what you mean, like when you're plowing through another box of King or Motown 45s, and there's so much dross it all blurs together...