Kwame Kilpatrick

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
How in the HELL is this dude still in office not to mention in jail? Detroit people please set me straight cause reading about all the shit he's been involved in is blowing my mind.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick#Controversies# 2.3 Controversies * 2.3.1 Manoogian Mansion party o 2.3.1.1 The murder of Tamara Greene * 2.3.2 Whistleblower trial * 2.3.3 Slander suit * 2.3.4 Red Lincoln Navigator * 2.3.5 Civic fund * 2.3.6 Sale of city parks * 2.3.7 Text-messaging scandal * 2.3.8 Recall campaign * 2.3.9 2008 State of the City Address

Comments

• nessness 249 Posts
    I don't think anybody sane is going to bat for this dude city or suburbs. but the way michigan politics operates is pretty cash and carry. he got the current prosecutor her job and turned out the vote in detroit for the incumbent governor. so he's pretty much operating with impunity. it's gonna be really tough to get dude to step down.

pulling that hellafied race card worked better for coleman young. but it's 2008 and regular people kinda have an idea that everybody's part of the same political/money machine.

shit is mindblowing. seriously a surreal time to live here of all places in the US.

dude is like the real black bush to me.

• I remember his dreams of revitalizing downtown Detroit.

How's that going?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I remember his dreams of revitalizing downtown Detroit.

How's that going?

you mean former mayor Dennis Archer's development plans?

it's actually going decently

the rest of the city on the other hand...

---

• I remember his dreams of revitalizing downtown Detroit.

How's that going?

you mean former mayor Dennis Archer's development plans?

Nope, I'm positive the interview was with Kilpatrick.

Kwame has taken alot of credit for balls that got rolling before he was elected

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    You really have to experience Detroit first hand to even begin to comprehend how dude could still be in office.

it really is some shameful shit

he needs to go

that race card is nothing new from him

he busted that out last election when he claimed that because Freeman Hendricks was only half black he'd be a pawn of the suburbs

can't we get past this bullshit already

---

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    he busted that out last election when he claimed that because Freeman Hendricks was only half black he'd be a pawn of the suburbs
    haha, this some crazy shit

haha, this some crazy shit

Sayin'

it's hard out here for a pale man

And yet, somehow I don't imagine you'll be working on your tan on your trip to Brazil.

I hope to

maybe I should get a base tan first

wouldn't want to turn red like a German tourist

• You really have to experience Detroit first hand to even begin to comprehend how dude could still be in office.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

dude is like the real black bush to me.

Straight up. Its amazing how he's been able to slide by all this shit virtually unscathed. I mean, one or two things I can understand. A few indiscretions here and there and even that whole affair/text thing I can understand, but the level of corruption is crazy. People getting fired, killed, forced out of jobs, etc. Dude is spending money from a city fund he helped set up as basically a tax shelter with no oversight and over 400,000 unaccounted for. I mean really, this is some wild west shit.
    It doesn't look like he's gonna make it much longer...but I'm sure that's been said many times before.

• a few years ago I saw Kwame and his entourage coming out of a strip club late one friday night into city Escalades. A few other people seen him and yelled "ehh Kwame, Alright!"

HUH?!

But then again, if you've spent any time in the D, it's not at all surprising. I mean what downtown has abandoned skyscrapers -

And people know he killed that stripper.

Now somebody mail me a pizza from greektown for gods sake. I'm going through withdrawls.