** Michael Baisden Appreciation ** Best DJ in US

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I have been a faithful listener for years and dude never lets me down. DJ battles, intelligent politics, a forum for living your dream and youth empowerment, not to mention impeccable music selection appreciation for old school hip hop. He is the voice of the community and syndicated in damn near every city and state now, yet he still slips under the radar of white america - which is dope in some senses, but it also means he doesn't always get his due. So Mike, this ones for you - The best DJ in America, and yes family, I said it. If you don't know, get familiar.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ?

• no.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Whattup LordRadio? Everything is everything over here. I agree: people must get familiar. I've been listening to dude for a few years and recommend it to anyone who's open to a lesson or two. I've learned A LOT just listening to this dude go off. I love his topics, music, and motivation. Dude is ALWAYS on the grind...

I haven't caught his TV show yet. I think it shows late after Night at the Apollo or late night Sunday. That late night ish is some fraggenacken BULL!

Thanks for shouting out someone I consider a hero.

• Everything IS everything fam.

No love from anyone else but me and you?!!
    I'm surprised how UNSOULstrut this is sometimes...

damn.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Everything IS everything fam.

damn.

I listen to 92.3 FM, that is kinda soul.....but yes you are right. This board is SOULless.

I looked up that guys' website but it says i gotta pay to listen.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    grown folks radio

everything is everything

---

• Everything IS everything fam.

damn.

I listen to 92.3 FM, that is kinda soul.....but yes you are right. This board is SOULless.

I looked up that guys' website but it says i gotta pay to listen.

100.3 12-4 pm everyday numbnut.

it's like judge joe brown with old school interludes

lol

• What a surprise, he's not on in the Bay Area.

• grown folks radio

everything is everything

frequent listener right here. love the sex and relationship advice, no bs politics talk, and call ins.

thing is, he ain't the DJ. IT'S WONDUE (sp?) right?

He always says, "hit it wondue" or "spin it wondue". I thought he was the voice and Wondue was the DJ, but I can't find shit on Wondue now that I'm actually lookin. Am I crazy???

I always heard it as 'Juan D'

---

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i've only briefly listened to his show a few times and each time he was either playing children's story or jazzy jeff - my peoples

one time he was talking over the same song that the spirit of truth guy was preaching over

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I have been a faithful listener for years and dude never lets me down. DJ battles, intelligent politics, a forum for living your dream and youth empowerment, not to mention impeccable music selection appreciation for old school hip hop. He is the voice of the community and syndicated in damn near every city and state now, yet he still slips under the radar of white america - which is dope in some senses, but it also means he doesn't always get his due.

So Mike, this ones for you -

The best DJ in America, and yes family, I said it.

If you don't know, get familiar.

dude, YES!!! I been listening to his show for freakin years. I remember having a conversation with Cosmo last year about how much that dude is the truth. You pretty much summed him up though, dude puts light on any subject good or bad and when it's bad he does it with zero shame and does an amazing job doing it. I've been hipped to many a song on that show, the most recent I remember was Van Hunt - Character, which I think was the day I spoke to Cos.

Everything IS Everything, unfortunately I'm no longer in LA and he's not syndicated in New Mexico...gonna have to tune in online from now on.

• Its the best radio programme I have heard in the states yet. I cant stand all the commercials though. Sometimes it feels like its 5 mins show and 10 mins commercials listening to the radio overhere.

I got nothing but love for Sirius Radio. Who's down with that? All kinds of channels, news and music, Gamble & Huff hosting programme on the soul channel, no commercials etc. Nothing but plusses so far unless Im forgetting something.

Peace,

Dress

• Word!

Juan D is how I always heard it, and from what I understand Michael picks it and juan d spins it, but i mean DJ in a 1960's sort of way, a dude who broadcasts, unites, enlights and provides a forum.

Anyone else out there thinking of submitting to the Friday mix battles?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Yeah, it's Juan D. At any rate, Michael knows what's up with good music period, and chooses to go out on a limb and play stuff that gets 0 spins on that station normally. One show he was playing nothing but classic rock jams, and ppl were calling in sangin lyrics n what not. So awesome.

I also think it's great that he basically allows free publicity on his show for ppl doing their own thang - giving them a platform to get info on their business / service out to the listeners. You people need voice recorders.

I'm a member on MingleCity, but never poasted.

What's the Friday mix battles talmbout?

• Juan D is how I always heard it, and from what I understand Michael picks it and juan d spins it, but i mean DJ in a 1960's sort of way, a dude who broadcasts, unites, enlights and provides a forum.

That makes sense. Not sure how I conjured WONDUE outta that. Always thought it was kinda funny.

Also, Kiss in general is the truth. Fri & Sat nights shit is an all-out party. Heard Grandmaster Flash live more than once, absolutely killin it.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Word!

I have been thinking of submitting something for a minute.......esp since he and his listeners are into b label/ soul/funk/ disco/ hip hop etc..

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I have been a faithful listener for years and dude never lets me down. DJ battles, intelligent politics, a forum for living your dream and youth empowerment, not to mention impeccable music selection appreciation for old school hip hop. He is the voice of the community and syndicated in damn near every city and state now, yet he still slips under the radar of white america - which is dope in some senses, but it also means he doesn't always get his due.

So Mike, this ones for you -

The best DJ in America, and yes family, I said it.

If you don't know, get familiar.

one time last year this anonymous caller was on his show talking about a real f***ed up personal situation- I forget the exact details, but it was some schitt you would want to keep anonymous for sure. baisden then tells the woman to give her e-mail address so that other listeners who may be able to help her with her situation can contact her. the woman hestitates, but baisden keeps telling her to give out her e-mail. so the woman says it live on-air, but her e-mail address has her full name in it! once she realizes what she's just done, she says "oh my god... i just said my name on the radio!" baisden replies, "yes, you did, baby" and continues on with his show like it was nothing.

i don't listen much because my kids are usually in the car with me when his show is on and it usually deals with adult themes, but everytime i do check him out it's usually some thought provoking schitt

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    All this sounds right up my street. Is there anywhere I can hear him online?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    grown folks radio

everything is everything

---

Good for laughs, good for logical solutions to complicated problems, good for the jams -- this show is the best radio show on the FM dial. Don't listen as much with my non-driving gig nowadays, but was faithful a few years back.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He's been poppin on NYC radio for a minute.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Word!

Juan D is how I always heard it, and from what I understand Michael picks it and juan d spins it, but i mean DJ in a 1960's sort of way, a dude who broadcasts, unites, enlights and provides a forum.

I don't listen to him every day but do turn him on for my drive home from work sometimes, and definitely agree with this. He has the voice, energy and rhythm in delivery of a 60s radio jock for sure but doesn't come off as a throwback to an earlier time. The radio industry should pay attention to him.