Latency Help/SoundForge/Presonus

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
A couple years ago I bought a Presonus Firebox sound card and almost every time I record with Sound Forge the wav will skip forward and cut out tiny pieces of the audio. I've maxed out the latency setting on the Firebox and still no luck. Anyone know what this could be cause it's driving me Frickin' insane. It's keeping me from recording anything (especially mixes). Someone plaese to help!

Comments

• FANY

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    FANY

Just look at yourself.

Imma call you in a minute, Chachi

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    do you have it set as an ASIO driver in your audio softwares preference? Play with the buffer settings in there. good latency is like 13 ms or below

buffers go like this:
    low buffer settings = less latency recording or for midi programing. but the problem is mixing. wont get lots of tracks or effects. turn it low for recording

high buffer = good for mixing and editing. But not good for recording due to latency on overall system. When your mixing this isnt as much as an issue cause playback supersedes recording. Turn it high for mixing.

go between both poles depending on what stage your in.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Sounds like you need to look at what driver you're using.

Where are you recording to? If it's your system drive, you might be overloading the hard disk cache. If this is the case consider getting a second drive.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    go between both poles

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    go between both poles

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks urrybody. I'll check out what you suggested. I should probably just go back to the old 16track.