something special for my 2000 post

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Before I found Soulstrut I felt like I was a nerd in a sea of morons. Now I feel like I'm swimming in an ocean full of knowledge and music nerds. The people here have not only opened my eyes to all things I needed to appreciate, but inspired me to go out and make my own music.I really appreciate it. This is a recording of my band, originally I was only going to send it to a few good friends here (GeneP, Anasarcasm, Marco, OtisF, and Jewbacca). Now, I feel I should share it with you all as well.This is my first attempt at leading a band, first attempt at production. Recorded in my garage. http://sharebee.com/e52dd14fI'm the guitarist. http://www.myspace.com/dopamineflux - Diego

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    For those of you who downloaded. Any criticism is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,

- spidey

• your singer could get it.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i was always curious to hear when i seen you talking about your band here, sounds great man, "soul track" is my favorite so far. i'm going to listen to this some more on my ipod

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    For those of you who downloaded. Any criticism is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,

- spidey

downloaded earlier, just got back from lunch and listened to it...definitely like your guys' sound.

The only thing I'd change really is some treatment to the vocals, overdubs, reverb, etc. They sound a little thin, good for a live show but if you want a produced sound that's what I'd go for.

I learned a trick in protools from King Tee (that's for you Herm) but I can't remember it exactly, I'll have to hit up my boy to see if he can remember what it is. Something about routing your vocal track to another track and setting something a little different, really thickens up the vocal track, it's dope.

Thanks Daze,

I'm still trying to teach myself about things like that. Right now her vocals are completely dry, no compression. I only added a little Delay to Soul Track.

Still gotta experiment with it some more.

- spidey

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Thanks Daze,

I'm still trying to teach myself about things like that. Right now her vocals are completely dry, no compression. I only added a little Delay to Soul Track.

Still gotta experiment with it some more.

- spidey

word, like I said if I can get the info for that trick I'll pass it on. are you working in protools?

Nope. Actually I'm using a little free program called, Reaper. However, if you explain the process I'm sure I can figure it out.

- spidey

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

I learned a trick in protools from King Tee (that's for you Herm) but I can't remember it exactly, I'll have to hit up my boy to see if he can remember what it is. Something about routing your vocal track to another track and setting something a little different, really thickens up the vocal track, it's dope.

Try doubling the vocal to a new track, and either pitch shift or delay VERY slightly. Can really fatten up a track if used judiciously.

Sounds real good BTW, post more!

Pitch shifting a doubled track, OK, I can give that a shot, thanks man.

This demo has been a real learning experience. I learned the hard way not to track so hot. We'll see how the next batch of songs go. Hopefully soon I'll be switching to analog tape.

Thanks again for checking it out.

- Diego