Mattress Toppers.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm in the market and I'm looking for suggestions. Can I get some input from my fellow sleepykins? Pads...toppers...memory foam...1.5"..2"... there's a lot to choose from and I really don't know the pros & cons. Also, I'm hoping to stay in the $50 range but some of these things run well over a bill. (For the record, I'm more interested in sleep satisfaction then bedrockin' action. These days catchin' Z's > knockin' b's. Yeah, that just happened.)

Comments

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    They are pretty expensive... I got one on my bed... like a 3" memory foam and shit was crazy expensive. They shift around sometimes, but are ultimately comfortable. Get a new mattress instead.. its the better move.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    How can you put a price on something as important as a good night's sleep?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

You make a good point, but keep in mind that I'm not really a "good sleeper." I average maybe 4-5 hours a night. I'm an insomniac like that. I'm really just looking to make those 4-5 hours REALLY comfortable, you know?

So memory foam...break this stuff down for me. Does it really make a difference?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

You make a good point, but keep in mind that I'm not really a "good sleeper." I average maybe 4-5 hours a night. I'm an insomniac like that. I'm really just looking to make those 4-5 hours REALLY comfortable, you know?

So memory foam...break this stuff down for me. Does it really make a difference?

I usually get 8 hours but I rarely feel rested. I'm currently in line to go to a sleep clinic. Been a problem of mine for years. Just bought a new bed too and it didn't help much (although I love my new bed).

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'm in the market and I'm looking for suggestions. Can I get some input from my fellow sleepykins? Pads...toppers...memory foam...1.5"..2"... there's a lot to choose from and I really don't know the pros & cons. Also, I'm hoping to stay in the $50 range but some of these things run well over a bill.

(For the record, I'm more interested in sleep satisfaction then bedrockin' action. These days catchin' Z's > knockin' b's. Yeah, that just happened.)

spend the loot when it comes to memory foam hommie. the cheaper shit isn't worth a crap and some of it is even bad for you. See if you can cop the thick memory type foam piece from a sleep number bed on the bay. They're real nice.