1442, 442 past my 1000 mix

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Being that I have few records to speak of currently, making a mix for my 1000th post would have been pointless. However, I've been searching for a mix that I made when I did have more records and finally came across it (gotta love digging for your own stuff via friends). It's pretty all over the place, there's a sixtoo track, some McDonald and Giles, that Francisco Lupica record that I thought was raer but really isn't, Raffi, Edikanfo (they make a brief appearance, but fans of afro funk should check for this relatively common Eno production), Peruvian folk music, Peter Gabriel, Can, Forest Fires Collective raers (peace to Mad Squirrel), et al.There's two tracks on here that I would take off if I did this mix again: the Otto von Schirach track, and the Martha and the Muffins track .I never had a DJ setup, so this mix was made by recording records to my computer and editing them in there. Some trainwrecks, definitely. It takes a little bit to get going, but it goes.I'm pretty sure that there is one uber raer on here from a Haitian folk record that I scored at a Flea Market, it's on the end of the second track and it's entirely . If anyone recognizes it I'd be curious to know if it is raer.Hopefully some of you enjoy this to some extent.