Psychadelic Album Art Advice

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I would love some help. I'm looking for psychadelic album covers that have alot of small stuff going on all over.[/b] Something in the vein of:if anyone can help with names or images or sites that have similar covers I'd gratefully appreciate it. Thanks

Comments

• I would love some help. I'm looking for psychadelic album covers that have alot of small stuff going on all over.[/b] Something in the vein of:

if anyone can help with names or images or sites that have similar covers I'd gratefully appreciate it. Thanks

That Santana album was designed by Mati Klarwein. Google the name and check out his other stuff, which is all pretty much like that (including covers for Miles Davis, Buddy Miles, Chambers Brothers and a bunch of others).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

This book has a whole chapter on record covers. But its images arent deep. Pop artists.

that have alot of small stuff going on all over. :

OOff- disregard

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    You could always fuck with the entire Funkadelic catalog.

Does that one Brainticket album have a lot of stuff, or am I just remember the multi-colored brain image on the front? My old roommate had that record and i remember the cover was weird. not sure if it was busy, though.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    These are all great. Anybody know any more?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

OHHHH man! that's some nasty repulsive sh*t! damn ! can't get that image out of my mind now....

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• leonleon 883 Posts

OHHHH man! that's some nasty repulsive sh*t! damn ! can't get that image out of my mind now....

I will assume this is Photoshopped for my own mental sanity.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

... having trouble finding a better image.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• Wow PERU is in the house in this thread..that's whats up.
    here's the best latin psych cover in this vein imo:

sorry for the small image

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The Best Of The Animals on Abkco.

Not the newer version with a photo of the band just hanging out, but an earlier edition from 1973 with a blue-ish cover featuring a garish montage of various misshapen animals. It's actually similar to the Midnight Movers LP seen in the first post.

I'm not gonna reprint it here 'cause I think that cover IS JUST TOO Frickin' UGLY!!!![/b] But Google it, or look for it a used store (it turns up often).

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Either the inside of the gatefold, or the back cover on this one (can't remember, and mine's in storage) is along the lines of what you're looking for.

Sergeant Pepper's seems like it might fit.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

what is that? a black and white arzachel cover???

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I will assume this is Photoshopped for my own mental sanity.

I don't think so. This photographer named Joachim Ladefoged is having an exhibition here in Copenhagen featuring pictures of bodybuilders (male and female) that look just as outlandish as that "woman" bizzo posted.

Go to http://www.joachimladefoged.com/ -> mirror[/b] -> samples from the book[/b] for a slideshow.

These people look straight up mutated. Nasty.