High school band plays Shadow (Dope R)

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Searched, and came up with nothing, so plkease to excuse if this a double post. How the Anticon messaage board could have beaten you guys to this is a mystery to me, they are usually a few days behind on the viral train. Anyways: High School Band Plays DJ Shadow

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    i think it's a few years old, so maybe that's why nothing came up in the search.

It's pretty cool that they did it. Some of it makes me laugh, like how the kid plays the stuttered MPC quantized drums. It's just kind of weird.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, the quality of the drumming is pretty great; reversing the workflow from human to macine to human again.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    thats kinda cool! i remember these current hits type things were always the favorites of the school band. i got this school band record that has a cover of tiffany's version of "i think we're alone now" and you can tell they were really into it and when the song ends the crowd loses their shit!

• school band record that has a cover of tiffany's version of "i think we're alone now"

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    by

THE MONTEBELLO POLYTECHNICAL MIDDLE SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY BAND

or something like that. and if you know the city in the late 80s then you KNOW MY PEOPLES WERE UP IN THE BELLO on that shit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    there was a thread on this circa 2004 I beleive.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    there was a thread on this circa 2004 I beleive.

They must have been posting through a wormhole cause it was only filmed in May 2005.

• its not information i share all the time but i graduated from that high school 2 years before the performance... they're music program is reallllly good (Some of them kids rich parents contribute a lot.) I never took advantage of it but I can tell you that is the funkiest the jazz band geeks have ever gotten. I grew up a few doors down from the girl who was playing the vibes. She is nice, i was fairly good friends with her older brother for a while. I saw the performance live and I do say it was really impressive, I wish I had gotten to know the drummer, I would have hired him to play on my shit. kid is raw.