TORTURE US Millitary Tactics Revealed

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
From http://motherjones.com/news/featurex/2008/03/torture-playlist.html Music has been used in American military prisons and on bases to induce sleep deprivation, "prolong capture shock," disorient detainees during interrogations???and also drown out screams. Based on a leaked interrogation log, news reports, and the accounts of soldiers and detainees, here are some of the songs that guards and interrogators chose.

Comments

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    well that's a mixtape concept for some poor dj right there.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts

b/w

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    From http://motherjones.com/news/featurex/2008/03/torture-playlist.html

Music has been used in American military prisons and on bases to induce sleep deprivation, "prolong capture shock," disorient detainees during interrogations???and also drown out screams.

Based on a leaked interrogation log, news reports, and the accounts of soldiers and detainees, here are some of the songs that guards and interrogators chose.

OMG thats hilarious and disturbing as fuck at the same time!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I love the fact that there is still a collectro/nerd need to put it into a chart.
    It's ALL about the music.....

• HamHam 872 Posts
    the Frickin' barney theme song

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I love the fact that there is still a collectro/nerd need to put it into a chart.
    It's ALL about the music.....

Yes, but SS could do a lot better, or a lot worse...depending on how you look at it. Though I doubt we would ever be able to agree, it would sure as Phuck be a lot more interesting. I for one could see some Bob Dylan or Grateful Dead ( even with an appreciation for both artists) on that list while Laserwolf might prefer Neil Diamond. And some may say the list is incomplete until you add some Bacon.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

They sound white.

• From http://motherjones.com/news/featurex/2008/03/torture-playlist.html

Music has been used in American military prisons and on bases to induce sleep deprivation, "prolong capture shock," disorient detainees during interrogations???and also drown out screams.

Based on a leaked interrogation log, news reports, and the accounts of soldiers and detainees, here are some of the songs that guards and interrogators chose.

So, all the dirtbag heshers in my neighborhood are basically "torturing" themselves??

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Who the hell is Dope? Some lame rap/metal group or something? It can't be a good sign when the only time I've ever heard of your band is in the Casey Kasem American Top 10 Torture Countdown.

Oh, and Deicide?

• Rasperry beret?!?! what the fuck!!!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Don't sleep (sleep deprivation-related).

• I'm surprised Anal Cunts aren't on that list.

That is some torturous music right ther.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I thought this was going to a post about this...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I thought this was going to a post about this...

Yep, that's pretty much what "promoting democracy" looks like.

Whether or not the sight of it disgusts you or exhilirates you is up for grabs.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The voiceover is horrifying.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Is there a news source about that video? What's the deal?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Is there a news source about that video? What's the deal?

I just happened across it. No news story as AFAIK.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Do you rekon the artist get mechanical performance/broadcast royalties? Im serious.
    I mean isnt that considered a public use of the material? Permission required? I rekon one of these artist could sue the US Army for a nice wad of cash.... although i think Metallica would probably enjoy the status of making 'music to torture you by'.. .

* on a side note, Metallica played in Sydney years ago at a big rock festival BIG DAY OUT and I swear when they hit the stage, every cop at that festival was there to watch them...like 80 cops standing around with big dopey grins on their faces.....

• I could sleep through that list.

(with the exception of maybe those two after Deicide)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Enhanced Techniques Vol. 1

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I think they're being a bit kind with this playlist, 'cause I'm pretty sure the soundtrack they use to torture people is more like an endless loop of pigs being slaughtered, white noise, gunfire and screaming. At least that's what they used in Waco.