Boat Party!!!

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
The company I work for is celebrating its 5th anniversary by throwing a boat party on Lake Austin this afternoon. The weather is perfect and the mountain laurel is blooming. I just finished getting a fifteen minute massage just a few minutes ago too. Life is good. I don't hate anyone, nor even wish to laugh at the expense of anyone today. Just in case you were wondering...

Comments

• Harvey you are a funny dude. but cosign on massages... man, I can't think of anything better than waking up with a massage on vacation.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    At my last job the company did that a couple years in a row.

The owners were gay and at least one would always be rocking some kinda biker short lookin speedo thing. If it wasn't the CEO it would be the finance dude. I didn't think that was really appropriate. They also were blaring some aweful Best of Ibiza type CD but beyond that it was always a great time. Plenty of booze and and the cheese plates were always "Man, boss, you guys sure know how to party!"

Just in case you were wondering...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    most of the stories I've heard from DJs regarding playing a boat gig have always been positive.

Has anyone ever had a really BAD boat gig?

As in: "we almost drowned AND office Beckies were asking for the 'it's your birthday' song?"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

At one point, Cymande's Genevieve was played on the bar cd player.

Someone won a pair of tickets to see Willie Nelson this weekend.

I won a Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

Talked to a roaving employee who grew up in Metarie and went to LSU. She along the way mentioned to someone else at the table that she graduated with Shaq. Old man me thinks about 1989[/b] in reference to Shaq graduating, as he went to San Antonio Cole. Winds up she was talking about 2003[/b] after Shaq returned to LSU to finish his degree.

Someone did tell me later on that they thought I was like 27 rather than 36, so that did help soften the blow.

Boat party was kinda lame though...fajitas were bush league, the tequila in the margaritas was Montezuma, and despite how nicely scenic the whole thing was we wound up docking about an hour earlier than planned.

I'd do it again tomorrow though as it sure beat working.