Albums you can sing word for word

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Surprised myself this week by spinning these after a long time no hearand remaining word (but not note, alas) perfect. Anyone else want to confess to disconnected angst-ridden teen lyric revision.....

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

The bus driver who took me to school was a real kinda dude. He played this album every morning.

I heard a song from it recently, and to my horror I can still remember the words, even though I hated it fervently at the time.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts

School summer holidays just flew by... Solos note-for-note, of course.

Good band. I am too old to be receptive to opinions contrary to this.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

The bus driver who took me to school was a real kinda dude. He played this album every morning.

I heard a song from it recently, and to my horror I can still remember the words, even though I hated it fervently at the time.

Oh lord.
    Sue the school
    maybe a class action

Rick was a true mack. Even when dressed as a prostitute.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the first 4 cheap trick albums +

RAWWWWK STRRRRUUT!

shredding it etc etc

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i even sing the raps...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

School summer holidays just flew by... Solos note-for-note, of course.

Good band. I am too old to be receptive to opinions contrary to this.

How bout ones that are consistent with it? I will always ride for Maiden. I've lost my ability to sing along all the way through with my favorite ones of theirs.

I think the only one I could really fuck with word for word nowadays is Low End Theory.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

haha! for me it's

also

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    One more I know ALL the words to:

two more, word perfect
    willing to bet this is the first time either were ever poasted on this board

if only Weller had thought to sing verses of Shakespeare or reams of important equations, I would have learned better and passed exams better. Selfish Modfather.

Bizarrely I am listening to this as I read the post... I don't think The Jam ever cracked the US to any extent, but their sets are pretty consistent, and given the age of the band at the time, I have to give them their props.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Bizarrely I am listening to this as I read the post... I don't think The Jam ever cracked the US to any extent, but their sets are pretty consistent, and given the age of the band at the time, I have to give them their props.

Setting Sons always gets overlooked in the backward glancing history re-writes, in favour of AMC and even Sound Affects; but virtually the whole school could sing this album in its entirety back in the day. Nowadays it does sound a teeny bit disjointed, but what good songs, delivered with power and no little venom.
    Have to admit, it was VERY English. No wonder the American bredren never dug. In a hundred years time it will be listed as a psych grail.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    I can probably sing the entire Jane's Addiction catalog, even though I haven't heard those records in years. I could also probably go word for word on "Ride the Lightning" and "Justice for All." Possibly "Fear of a Black Planet" as well. Now that we can burn custom mixes these days, knowing whole albums has to be less common.

And co-sign on that first Cypress Hill record.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

• among others that i can't think of at the moment.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts