need a creative solution-- hardcase related.

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
hi.i bought one of those slim-bay hard drive adapters for my laptop. i think lenovo and toshiba offer them. any way, the device looks like this:you pop a 2.5 inch HD in there and pull out your DVD/CD Drive and put that thing in there. bam, another internal HD.I'm going to use it for Microwave and itunes so that stuff doesn't clutter up my "real" internal HD. The trouble with my plan is that this thing will not be used all the time, so i'll be taking it out of the computer-- thus the top of the HD will be exposed. This thing is only rated to take 5lb of pressure before it is damaged internally, so I will need a hard case, preferably padded so it's not bouncing around for when this thing is in my bag (i will also use the case for the dvd-drive when the HD adapter is in the computer.)The dimensions of this thing are: 0.56" Height x 5.13" Width x 5.68" Depthso it's about the size of a CD jewel case.Any ideas?

Comments

• Have you checked pelican? Super durable, water-tight:
    http://www.pelican-case.com

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    bump for the morning crew-

willie d.: that is the type of thing I am looking for, but unfortunately, the smallest case they make that will fit this thing both length and width is about a foot long. I'm looking for something a bit more compact.

any other ideas?