THE OFFICIAL BLACK SPADE Thread!!!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone heard this? Frickin' ILL. Dude kind of has an Omar thing going on, and the beats are really ill. The first one is kinda Sa-Ra-Esque except it's actually FUNKY and not just weird. They got a Waajeed remix too which is butter. Phonics you would LOVE this.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude kind of has an Omar thing going on

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What were you saying, Patrick?

• What were you saying, Patrick?

damn, just made a thread about his album. You know why I like it? dude did the whole future soul schitt RIGHT. I come across shits loads of juno/keyboard synth sa-ra stuff, and a lot of is contrivied or just really not good, so to hear a 18 track album of it done right is a surprise.

and yeah dude does have an omar thing popping.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    where can i hear Clipzz of this album?

damn, just made a thread about his album. You know why I like it? dude did the whole future soul schitt RIGHT. I come across shits loads of juno/keyboard synth sa-ra stuff, and a lot of is contrivied or just really not good, so to hear a 18 track album of it done right is a surprise.

He doesnt sound like that UK chic u were tryin to ride for last monf?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Not on Amazon but I just pre-ordered the CD.

http://www.amazon.com/Serve-Love-Black-S...04567195&sr=1-1

• Apples and Oranges baby paw.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Estelle? I tried to like her, mannnn... just didn't pop. This Black Spade dude's shit is CRACKING though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's dude. Looks just like my man Aquil.

Estelle? I tried to like her, mannnn... just didn't pop. This Black Spade dude's shit is CRACKING though.

I will cop

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Is this on iTunes or anything? Wouldn't mind a try-before-you-buy on the cheap.

I do wonder if it's really the kind of thing that'd normally get bracketed with an act like Est'elle, though. Not that it'd mean much to folks in the US hearing her for the first time, but girl has done her apprenticeship on the hip-hop circuit over here and I respect her for that - she isn't some stage-school brat who wants to "have a go at rapping" and has been handed a major deal because she's easy to sell.

Still, most of her recorded shit has displayed an unashamed pop sensibility which is fairly common amongst a lot of similar black British acts in recent years, and I have my doubts about the extent to which an American audience raised on the more high-protein shit will buy into that, if at all. Nevertheless, if she sees a chance to grab the brass ring, then good luck to her.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

here's the link posted up a few posts: black spade on amazon

this shit is dope! "Tale of 32" is FIRE. I will cop.

thanks for the heads up!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

here's the link posted up a few posts: black spade on amazon

this shit is dope! "Tale of 32" is FIRE. I will cop.

thanks for the heads up!

Yeah this is sounding real good. I'm gonna have to buy this.

I thought he was on some singin shit? Dude is rappin alot.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm checking for the singing shit.

• I'm checking for the singing shit.

Yes - he's sounding like John Legend does in my private mindgarden

b/w

Stellar production on this, really

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Oops just posted about this in the other Black Spade thread.

As I was saying, got a promo of the album through the post a while ago but hadn't actually got round to checking it out properly beyind a quick flick through. Will put it to the top of my listening pile now.