Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
yay or nay??

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    n/a

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    yay or nay??

Probably being sold through some third-party company. I'm sure it's as hit-and-miss as Ebay.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I bought a lot of reissued titles off of UK amazon as I am in the UK. They were getting rid of them so they were incredibly cheap. Would have bought a crap load more but their search engine is so abysmal I couldn't search by cheapest first without getting all kinds of crap show up from third party sellers.

Would use them again for that stuff, just as efficent and professional as their service is for everything else. Refunded me and let me keep a single they sent me when they had marked it up as the album it was from that I was trying to get.

Never bought from third party sellers but aside from the usual grading issues you have with buying on the net, and I suspect they would probably be worse as Amazon seems to attract even more amatuerish sellers than eBay I reckon you would have an easier transaction. Everything is processed by Amazon so you pay Amazon directly then they transfer the cash to your seller. Shipping is at a standardised rate set by Amazon so no wild guesstimate S & H costs by sellers, and any grievances you have, you have with Amazon and I suspect they would be far more accomodating than eBay or PayPal.

I'm surprised more high profile sellers don't use it.

Bought plenty of Region 1 DVDs and books through Amazon 3rd party sellers and all came correct

If they could sort out their search engine I'd buy tons more records through them although you do get the scratched Beatles album for 100,000 type sellers on there quite a bit as I believe the way the listing costs are structured encourage the shall we say 'hopeful' sellers

• sniffinsniffin 18 Posts
    I'm in the process of starting to seel vinyl on Amazon. Listing vinyl for sale on there is a nightmare - they have a 'bulk inventory loader' if you're a 'volume seller', but you need a UPC or ISBN (barcode) off the item you're listing so it will be 'recognized' by the system, only then will it be listed. No barcode, no bulk inventory loader. I don't think I've ever even seen a vintage record with a barcode before.

So every individual record has to get entered through their 'add a record' system, one at a time, super slow, and with lots of data entry hassles...all in all a serious pain, more hassle than actual business so far...