running out of space (too much vinyl) what now?

milliondollarsmilliondollars 568 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Hey guys,i realized that i am slowly but sureley running out of space for my records. Does anybody have the same problem? How did you manage it?Please, I need help!

Comments

• son, you know plenty of that shit is just to fill out your collection. Just prunce that wackness out.

• son, you know plenty of that shit is just to fill out your collection. Just prunce that wackness out.

you might be right... but it is really hard to decide which records have to go

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    What now?

SELL MORTIMER, SELL!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    What now?

SELL MORTIMER, SELL!

I don't know why but this really cracked me up on this wonderful Saturday morning.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    son, you know plenty of that shit is just to fill out your collection. Just prunce that wackness out.

I've done this more than once.

Now it is getting extremely difficult, because there aren't nearly as many "eh, I don't need that" records in my collection.

I'm actually at the point where I pretty much love every single record I own, and I am running out of space.

I've been thinking about paying for some storage space. Any time I need to DJ, I can go there and sort out what I want to play before the gig, I guess.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    son, you know plenty of that shit is just to fill out your collection. Just prunce that wackness out.

I've done this more than once.

Now it is getting extremely difficult, because there aren't nearly as many "eh, I don't need that" records in my collection.

I'm actually at the point where I pretty much love every single record I own, and I am running out of space.

I've been thinking about paying for some storage space. Any time I need to DJ, I can go there and sort out what I want to play before the gig, I guess.

This is what we call A Good Problem.

I myself have plenty of space for more records and still plenty of wack ones to weed out.

But god bless Saturday mornings in the winter; if ever there is a time to pick through your collection, now is it.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    how much rekkids we're talking here?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    there's never too much

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    ya'll sound spacially challenged

b/w

buy a bigger house.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I like the philosophy of "for every new record you bring in, one has to go out."

Not that I follow it though - I still have space before I max out.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    ya'll sound spacially challenged

b/w

buy a bigger house.

or buy smaller records........................45's

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Can't you use some of that million dollars to buy a bigger house or rent a storage unit?????

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You guys with dual wall units full of thrift shop indiscretions need to get tough with yourselves and face the fact that you are not "collecting records", but are in fact a pair of soiled overalls and a plaid shirt away from becoming antique shop Willie.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    You guys with dual wall units full of thrift shop indiscretions need to get tough with yourselves and face the fact that you are not "collecting records", but are in fact a pair of soiled overalls and a plaid shirt away from becoming antique shop Willie.

and thats why you should buy more quality than quantity.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Move into a bigger place to fit more vinyl, that's what I did recently, works well.

• You guys with dual wall units full of thrift shop indiscretions need to get tough with yourselves and face the fact that you are not "collecting records", but are in fact a pair of soiled overalls and a plaid shirt away from becoming antique shop Willie.

Everytime I read what you say I read it in Jim Lehey's voice....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    You guys with dual wall units full of thrift shop indiscretions need to get tough with yourselves and face the fact that you are not "collecting records", but are in fact a pair of soiled overalls and a plaid shirt away from becoming [color:red]antique shop Willie.[/color]

Now see? If somebody ever gets a Soul Strut glossary together, you GOTTA include the little offhand things like "antique shop Willie" and "Dapper Digger Daily magazine!"

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    My weekend is not complete until I've brought home a 3 foot tall stack of dollar LPs.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts

every record has something worth sampling.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

every record has something worth sampling.

Really? You've shown me the light!!!

EDIT: You may be right http://www.myspace.com/supertoastor