Waves w/Pro-Tools question

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I am using the waves platinum and diamond packages and I can't seem to find info about how much delay is on each of them. I am new to these plug-ins. Am I missing it somewhere? Is there no delay? Any help is appreciated.Thanks,Al

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    apple click on the mixer in the bottom where it tells you the value of the fader. it will toggle through volume, then peak, then delay.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    If you have a decent system, you probably shouldn't have much latency.
    I keep re-installing the demos which are a apin in the azz, as ill be damned if Im gonna spend about a g on any plugin (especially when the only ones worth thier weight are the L2 and L3 limiters. Ahh computers.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    latency and delay are two different monsters. the delay al is talking about occurs in protools by using certain plugins. some you dont have to worry about, like EQs and certain dynamic processors, because the delay is only a couple of samples. others, like the ultra pitch, have serious delay involved with them. like 8000 samples worth. you need to know the exact amount of delay so you can compensate by sliding the track forwrd by the exact amount of samples. thanks god for shuffle mode.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    latency and delay are two different monsters.

BEEF!!!!

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Mesh to the rescue once again!

Thanks dude.

I just PM'd you too btw with more questions.

-Al

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

BEEF!!!!

hahahahaha.

mark, it's on.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

BEEF!!!!

hahahahaha.

mark, it's on.

AWWREADY

IT'S GOING DOWN, BABY

ME ATTACKING MR. JACKIN TOYZ PARKING LOT WITH MY LATENCY BRAINBUGGER SWARM

COMING ATCHOO WITH SHARP WEAPONZ THAT WILL WORK YOU AT THE FILM FESTIVAL, SON

WATING FOR RECORDS AT NIGHT CAMPING OUT IN THE PARKING LOT LIKE THE FIEND I AM.

ALEIT AND I ALMOST CAMPED OUT IN A CAR BUT MOTEL 6 WAS ONLY $54 DOLLAR, SAYING.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

run that