LIM TAYLOR

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
so this dude is on the block. sometimes we pay him to do some light work around here, but i found a mp3 of his 45 and played it for him and dude killed it. i mean he sat here and sang at the top of his lungs and hit all the vocal fills. oh man this dude is good. anyways, here's his track. his mom was one of the raelettes and occaisionally he'll cameo with her at the hollywood bowl and such. lim taylor - the worlds in a bad situation

Comments

• i asked him who backed him and he said wilton felder, lonnie jordan, james ingrahm and someone else i forgot.

• coool!
    limtaylors name was dropped by phillyphil in a world of beats column many moons ago. "beats to catch" that i never ever caught

• Had two copies of that record come through recently, couple dope tracks on there.

• its an LP? what label? whasthedrillo?

jp, check the joe pass thread...i remember someone who had it, but you know em, not i

• It's an LP on the Crossover label. There's some copies on popsike or whatever.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It's an LP on the Crossover label. There's some copies on popsike or whatever.

Ray Charles releated. I got it, liked it, thought hmmm... Ray Charles label, mid 70s, real good, $15... Sold it to a guy in Seattle... You there?

• I think I have a ripped copy of his LP at home. I'll see if I can dig it up.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Never heard of him. Great song, great backing.

• his mom is mable john who was one of the first to record on motown and was a raelette which explains the ray charles connection.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    his mom is mable john who was one of the first to record on motown and was a raelette which explains the ray charles connection.

That would make Little Willie John his uncle. Never seen Little Willie John mentioned here on the strut, but he is one of my favorites.