Wow. (More Police Brutality related)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
This woman was taken in for a DUI and left with 2 black eyes, a broken nose, 2 teeth knocked out and carried out on a stretcher - AFTER the cop conveniently turns the camera off for a few minutes. They say she fell. Yeah right.Angela Garbarino before:and after.

Comments

• not enough evidence for a charge against the cop?

res ipsa loquitur

• Jesus.

Here's something that just went down in PG County, Maryland.. Dude was a cop and the head of homeland security for the county. Has another trial pending where he assaulted some real estate agent that knocked on his door. On top of that, a psychiatrist had previously declared him as dangerous and he'd been sued at least a couple of times for brutality in the past (though the judge didn't allow any of that into evidence in this trial).

Nice to see that at least sometimes these fuckers get theirs.

• ummm, come on now. that shit is fucked up and i wouldnt be surprised if the cop beat her down...i mean, cops can do that. but, the tape leading up to the pool of blood didnt really show an out of control cop. homegirl was a little erratic and out of control. she should have sat the fuck down and shut the fuck up from the get go, like we all know youre supposed to around dangerous individuals (i.e. cops!!!). she may have got up again, cuffed behind her back, and while he tries to push her back down, she falls forward, cant break her fall and fucks herself up. i wouldnt be surprised if that happened either.

should never happen in police custody...but that video doesnt exactly make me 100% sure that cop punched her in the grill.

evry citizen should be informed at an early age that cops can ruin your life if they feel like it.so when under there thumb,simmer the fuck down or suffer the consequences. i do not approve of this, but it is decidedly so.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I agree completely that she should have chilled the fuck out, but if she was faded you know all that calm, rational, reasoned thinking goes out the window. It looked to me like she started freaking out when she realized she had no control over the situation and couldn't get what she wanted (surprise!). Dude got increasingly physical with her the further she flipped.

That said, these pics look like a lot more than falling on your face.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs...02200801&Ref=PH

and why would the cop turn the camera off to begin with?

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    nevermind...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah that video was a pretty bad look. the one thing i noticed though is that her injuries match what would happen from a good faceplant instead of somebody punching you around. A broken nose can give you black eyes and she had a good bruise on the forehead and chipped teeth. Im no doctor or anything and the fact the cop turned of the camera is such a bad look, but she really might have fell off the chair handcuffed and smashed her shit against the floor.

who knows though. that cop wouldnt be the first using excessive force/brutality.

• and why would the cop turn the camera off to begin with?

Around here the cops aren't supposed to have any control over the cameras at all - they're supposed to turn on automatically when the emergency lights are activated.

One of the first things we do when we're hired to represent a defendant is subpoena the police videos. It's no surprise that most of the time we don't get them ("the camera was out of order", yeah right).

But sometimes we do get them, and it's unbelievable some of the shit on there. I recently saw one where a cop with a serious chip on his shoulder pulled a guy over for a traffic violation, didn't like the tone of the driver's voice, turned around and dragged him out of the car and slammed him on his face, and then pulled him out of view of the camera. Dude ended up with all kinds of injuries. Civil suit pending.

I also recently saw a video that totally blew me away - a detective interrogating a witness about a murder. This shit was straight off of the Shield or something. He basically was threatening the kid and telling him that if he didn't say that our guy was the killer then he'd be charged for the murder. And then he said, "when I come back you better have a better motherfucking story or this shit is on you." This is after the kid gave him like 4 different stories. So basically he was telling the kid to make up yet another story. Unbelievable that they actually gave us this video, it had to have been a mistake.

So basically, yeah.. be frightened. Be very frightened. These dudes will do whatever they want.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    One thing is for sure, that cop was on some major power trip.

• yeah that video was a pretty bad look. the one thing i noticed though is that her injuries match what would happen from a good faceplant instead of somebody punching you around. A broken nose can give you black eyes and she had a good bruise on the forehead and chipped teeth. Im no doctor or anything and the fact the cop turned of the camera is such a bad look, but she really might have fell off the chair handcuffed and smashed her shit against the floor.

who knows though. that cop wouldnt be the first using excessive force/brutality.

thats what im saying.
    but by no means am i trying to say that foolio women deserved it.
    she shouldnt have even benn cuffed

• Doh, disregard my earlier post.. I didn't realize there was a video in the original post and I assumed it was a video from a police car..

But still, there was absolutely no reason for the cop to touch the camera. That right there is enough to convince a jury that he did something to her. No question. Expect a serious lawsuit.

• yeah that video was a pretty bad look. the one thing i noticed though is that her injuries match what would happen from a good faceplant instead of somebody punching you around. A broken nose can give you black eyes and she had a good bruise on the forehead and chipped teeth. Im no doctor or anything and the fact the cop turned of the camera is such a bad look, but she really might have fell off the chair handcuffed and smashed her shit against the floor.

thats what im saying.
    but by no means am i trying to say that foolio women deserved it.
    she shouldnt have even benn cuffed

Well you guys didn't look at the other link with the 21 photos. There is more than just damage to her face. Damge to her shoulders, arms, back, thighs and more. She was definately man handled in the worse way.

I'm not for either of them but her injuries look like more than just falling in a chair while hand cuffed.

• and why would the cop turn the camera off to begin with?

Around here the cops aren't supposed to have any control over the cameras at all - they're supposed to turn on automatically when the emergency lights are activated.

One of the first things we do when we're hired to represent a defendant is subpoena the police videos. It's no surprise that most of the time we don't get them ("the camera was out of order", yeah right).

But sometimes we do get them, and it's unbelievable some of the shit on there. I recently saw one where a cop with a serious chip on his shoulder pulled a guy over for a traffic violation, didn't like the tone of the driver's voice, turned around and dragged him out of the car and slammed him on his face, and then pulled him out of view of the camera. Dude ended up with all kinds of injuries. Civil suit pending.

I also recently saw a video that totally blew me away - a detective interrogating a witness about a murder. This shit was straight off of the Shield or something. He basically was threatening the kid and telling him that if he didn't say that our guy was the killer then he'd be charged for the murder. And then he said, "when I come back you better have a better motherfucking story or this shit is on you." This is after the kid gave him like 4 different stories. So basically he was telling the kid to make up yet another story. Unbelievable that they actually gave us this video, it had to have been a mistake.

So basically, yeah.. be frightened. Be very frightened. These dudes will do whatever they want.

I have heard stories told to me that were spoken to my friend from the horses mouth about two DC Homocide detectives going around drunk as shit randomly beating up people. They also have an apartment where they will take someone tie them up and beat the shit out of them for confessions and all kinds of other ill shit. I mean worse stuff than you see on the Shield.