Stores in Milwaukee????

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
In Chicago right now on a family vacation. Might take a road trip to Milwaukee. Any good stores to hit while I'm in town? Let me know, much appreciated.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Did you go to Dusty Groove? I've always wondered if their store is as good as the web site. Are the used prices not as weird when you can actually see and hear things before you buy them?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I stopped in at DG while in Chicago. Not impressed.

But this is about Milwaukee. The only store I've been to in Milwaukee is the shop in the Prospect Mall. Cheap stuff on one side, overpriced stuff on the other side.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hit up lotusland

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    hit up lotusland

Is that a big store or pretty small. More stuff in the store than online?

Not trying to hi-jack I'm just curious about places I've ordered on line from.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    not sure, i just know they have heat and they are outta milwaukee.

• hit up lotusland

I finally got there this week on my lunchbreak. I found some goodies and was back to work on time - almost! Motown, check lotusland for sure.

I was way up north in Wisconsin last week, finally found a shop with aisles and aisles of records. I looked thru the window and thought "Hmm, I could kill a few hours here" and realized they were closed. Damn! Then I noticed a sign on the window "All records 99 cents!" Double damn! Probably loads of Firestone Christmas records and whatnot, but still I'd have liked to been able to check the place out.

I tried to figure out when the store would actually be open, but was told that they were in the process of moving and were going to be closed for a bit.

Long story short - no need to drive 5 hours to Upper Michigan to look for records in Ironwood.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Motown,

Here are some other places to check out:

1. Farwell Music (on Prospect Ave).
    -This spot is OK. I get lucky there sometimes.

2. Music Memories (on Kilbourn Ave).
    -I find some good stuff in here a lot of times, but it's overpriced in my opinion.

3. Great Lakes Music (on Barker Rd).
    -It's a store with a huge warehouse of music, where you can occasionally get lucky.

4. Flipsville Records (also on Prospect Ave).
    -Kind of a seedy store, but you can come up on something in there every now and then. This place is very hit-or-miss.

5. As others have said, check out my main man T** at Lotusland!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Thanx for the info everyone!